Ticket refund nightmare

Hi,

I booked a 2nd class AC ticket from Bangalore to Kalahasti in March 2013 and cancelled it. In june i received a mail from tdrprocess@irctc.co.in saying that the money cannot be refunded because, as for their record is concerned, i had traveled in that train. I have to produce a proof (like office attendance, medical leave etc) to them so that they can again try to process once again. Here i cannot understand what the authorities logic. If a person cancels the ticket, he won't get the ticket that's it. How a person will travel with a cancelled ticket? Or the authorities sold the ticket to someone else by taking some extra money?. Can the authorities show me the proof that i travelled in that train?

Yesterday i had to book a ticket from Bangalore to Mayaduthurai, while booking the process was taking very long time after a few minutes i got a message session out. When i re-login, i was shocked to see 2 tickets under Refund Status of Failed Transaction, this is horrible. How can you take money before the transaction is complete? It is flaw in their flow itself.

I have decided never to book ticket in their site.

Can someone tell me what i have to do to get my ticket refunded?

Thanks

expert

Administrator
Staff member
It is wrong on their part of Indian Railways to ask proof from you. It is their responsibility to check. If they can't, you must be refunded full money without questions. Once you've applied for refund, you're legally bound to be truthful.

Just go to consumer forum to get. You will get the amount along with some compensation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors