TDR Refund Rejected

I (P Surya Tej CH) have booked my ticket for journey from Vijayawada to Chennai as per particulars hereunder:- Train No.15630/BZA. DT. OF JOURNEY 09 Feb 2014 S3/43 confd berth. The train was supposed to reach Vijayawada Stn. on 09 Feb.2014 at 11:55 AM. When we reached the station, we were told that the train may arrive at Vijayawada station around 4 p.m on 09 Feb.2014 and there was no information of the train departure as yet. After struggling for 1-2 hrs we came to know the train may arrive around 5pm. Finally the railway board showed the train will reach Vijayawada Station at 5.30 pm in the evening and it continued to show delayed and time kept changing. There was no proper response from the Railway Enquiry people and the train status was not
shown on the TVs. I have filed my TDR the following day and now it has been informed it will not be refunded.

I was supposed to catch a flight to Singapore on 10-Feb-14 12.45am.
Since, the instructions said the train will be reaching at around 5.30pm, I have no choice but to catch another special train which is also supposed to depart Vijayawada by 11.50 am but ran late and reached vijayawada by 2.30pm. I have boarded this train and expected that I will reach the airport on time.
The journey was a disaster too. The train ended up reaching Chennai Central at 11pm.

Due to this inordinate delay, I have almost lost the chance to board the flight putting me into great inconvenience AND DUE TO YOUR UTTER NEGLIGENCE WE UNNECESSARILY SUFFERED PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY AND MONETARILY.

I would like to know what is the penalty to Railways for making passengers suffer when they know the tickets are never readily available. There was no alternate arrangement. On top you are not refunding out amount which let to further loss of money instead of compensating on the extra amount spent on travel. We are not here to pay for Railways negligence so please refund the amount for this ticket at the soonest. Is this how you respond to your Valuable customers ? If our demands are not met, I need to take further appropriate escalation steps to this issue.

Email reply for IRCTC says
Dear Customer,
With Reference to your TDR Filed against PNR No:6326683816, for the refund of unused ticket, we regret to inform you that refund is not admissible as informed by Enhanced Coaching Refund System developed by Center for Railway Information Systems (IT Arm of Indian Railways) implemented in Indian Railways stating '(Train Delay:0, ActDep: 09/02/2014 11:55 )TDR TIME OUTSIDE LIMIT FOR PNR - 6326683816' and the reason being : "TDR was filed beyond the prescribed time limit."

Its a shame on IRCTC to claim that the train has left without any delay on 9-Feb-2014

Thanks
P Surya Tej CH.
psuryatej@gmail.com

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors