TDR Refund denied due to TTE's fault

I had filed an online TDR on a Waitlisted Tatkal ticket on the 5th of June, the details of the ticket being
Train No. 11301 Udyan Express,
PNR No: 8447128900
DOJ: 6/6/2014

The TDR was filed because the PNR status was partially confirmed after chart preparation and the waitlisted passenger did not travel.

The waitlisted passenger did not travel using the tatkal waitlisted ticket under the above mentioned PNR. She instead travelled under the PNR No. 8445877299 which got confirmed after charting. I had forwarded the e-ticket sent to me by IRCTC . I have attached the screen shot of the ticket along with the mail.The details of the passenger under this PNR
Name: Poornima Hebbar
Train : Udyan Express (11301)
I have attached the screen shot of this ticket with this complaint.This ticket got confirmed after charting.
On the 4 th of July , i recieved a mail from the TDR team saying ' we regret to inform you that refund is not admissible as informed by Railways through their letter no : BSW120614V08157 and the reason being : 'Failed to collect TDR/TTE Certificate/GC' ' .

Regarding the certificate, We spoke to the TTE who came to check the ticket , but he said that he has no such powers to issue any certificate and that the amount will be automatically refunded to our account.The TDR was filed online and at that point no document was asked for,so we believed the TTE.

I had given the PNR No. as proof that the passenger has travelled using another confirmed ticket . Yet, the IRCTC has denied me the refund for no fault of ours, because of those incompetent TTEs who were ignorant of the rules.No action has been taken after numerous phone calls and emails.

These long distance tatkal tickets are expensive. How can the railways rob people of their money on baseless rules,even after we have tried to follow all their rules.

Thanks,
Akshaya Hebbar

Attachments

ok Mr. Expert I saw this reply of yours in one of the posts with a similar complaint: " In E-ticket all waitlisted passengers can travel if at least 1 ticket is confirmed. Now money will not be refunded automatically.

It is the responsibility of Railways to prove that all had traveled, not yours. You should file complaint in the consumer forum.

You will surely win. ."
But where is this consumer forum where we can try getting our refund back.. The irctc customer services do not care

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors