Standard Chartered Bank - Credit card unnecessary late fees

Hi, I have a credit card # 4541982334817167 for SC bank which i was using for almost all the transaction. I maintained a good credit history and spent more than 5 lacs in a calender year. But in March, 2014, SC imposed a late fee on my credit card without any reason. They have neither sent any bill (neither hard not soft copy) nor any sms for due amount. I have called their customer care to revert it but they did not respond back. I stopped paying the bills unless they revert back the late charges and they are imposing late payment now as well. Now they have entered defaulter entry in CIBIL as well. I am threaten by their recovery agents to pay the amount. I am shocked to see SC's unprofessionalism towards their loyal customers. I want to file a complaint against SC and need their assistence to close this matter asap.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Late fees are applied automatically by software. Had you called immediately after that they'd have refunded for you - I'm sure.

Not paying the dues is very wrong on your part. So in this case I see no mistake of Bank.

Please clear the dues I'm sure no bank will compromise on this default.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors