Sony VAIO Model no. VPC-F126FM Serial No. 3019822 - complaint

Varun

Hey,

I purchased the mentioned sony viao from US in 2010. Because the same model wasnt available in india, i had to buy from US. As soon as my warranty period got over, within a month, my HDD crashed with Boot Up Problem. I have visited the sony center here, written them emails and even spoke to the sony US center. I am totally aware that my warranty period has ended, but my issue is larger than that. the replacement of the HDD is costing me about Rs. 25,000 which is almost 1/3rd the cost of my laptop. My concern is with sony products here. As soon as my laptop was out of warranty this happened which is very surprising from a brand like sony. I do not think i will ever be able to buy any product from them anymore. I have request multiple times to them that they are responsible for this damage and they should replace my HDD FOC though its out of waranty. Is customer service not important at all for sony that they are not willing to help me out. It has been very difficult evn to get through to someone who can help me and so i am posting here now..

If sony is reading this, i would appreciate a call or an email or someone i can meet in person to help me here.. please do not waste my time by telling me the cost and what i need to do.. the onus in on you guys here and i would appreciate you accepting it..

expert

Administrator
Staff member
It is very common for products to fail just after their warranty is over. Are you in India on temporary visit? Usually only limited warranty is available in foreign countries. I mean if you're US resident and came to India for a trip, then you can make claim for international warranty, otherwise not.

I too bought in 2001 a Sony music system - total failure model for Rs. 16000. No, it worked but it was untested product which had serious cassette player design problems. I swore the same as you do now about Sony. They could have offered me replacement, discount etc as they may do in "advanced" countries. But in India their brand name is all marketing gimmick.

About HDD what's special about it? Buy a Seagate and have it fixed inside.

You seem to be like me who want to go for "top" brand. Not any more. Now I go for the best valued ones.

One advice: For laptops don't go for costly ones like Viao but rather cheap ones but always go for 3 year extended warranty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors