Sim Card Insert, Screen Black Out, Soft Keys Not Working

I had purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 2 dated 14th February 2013 from Shopper Stop, City Centre, Kolkata. Suddenly my handset showed 'Insert Sim Card' error everytime I re-started the handset. Within the warranty period (around 10th February 2014) the problem was brought into the notice of Authorised Samsung Service Centre, CD-96, 2nd Avenue, CD Block, Sector I, Salt Lake City, Kolkata.

They had returned the handset to me on 13th Feb 2013 and I was told that they had replaced the sim card slot. But the problem persisted. Again after 2 days I had to re-submit the phone for the same problem. This went on for a month where I had submit the phone several times for the same problem. The whole situation is known to the manager of the service centre named Nina Maa'm. It seems Service centre people lack the knowledge to detect the problem and are inefficient to solve it. Since then I am facing the problem on a daily basis, visiting the service centre 2- 3 times a day.

Things were getting difficult because I had to customise the phone everytime I get it serviced. It took my valuable time to re-install all the apps, contacts, messages, setting up email etc.

Nina maa'm was kind enough to get the motherboard changed and I was assured that there would be no problem. But in 2 days time my phone would hang, screen would black out, home button and side buttons would not work. I was not able to cancel the on-going phone because screen would black out during the call.
I had to rush to service centre again and they asked me to prove the problems. Luckily it happened when I was talking over the phone to one of their service person called 'Suman' and they could not disconnect the call because the screen would black out. Firstly they would not agree to my compalints but I was lucky enough to prove it straight to them when it happened infront of them.

Secondly they made temporary attempts to solve the problem like:
1. The problem is due to memory card therefore asked me to use the phone without memory card. But in 20 minutes I had to rush to the service centre again as the problem persisted without using memory card.
2. Then they said the problem is due to dust in sensor area, they cleaned the dust and returned the handset. Again in 30 minutes, leaving all my work, I had to rush to service centre that the home button key and side key would not work.

I don't understand why such a reputable company is not providing a permanent solution and has made life difficult for their loyal customers. I have been using Samsung since 5 to 6 years and my entire family uses Samsung. I am very disappointed with their customer support. If they have invested millions in their research and launch of good products then they should ensure after-sales customer support.

Upon repetitive complains until today (29th March 2014), I have been visiting service centre on a regular basis.
I sincerely request Samsung to look into this matter and take action ASAP. The phone was submitted to the service centre within the warranty period and thus Samsung is liable to solve the above problems.

Dear Namita.

i too m facing the same problem .and these people are not changing the motherboard.
kindly suggest what is to be done.

thanks n regards
nitish k

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors