Should I file complaint against Hospital?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I wanted to get some advice on filing complaint against Naveen Hospital, Greater Noida.

My brother, who had been otherwise a healthy person, got cough and cold problem on (about) 2nd Nov 2012. He visited some nearby physician for this and was given medicines and was told that this is because cold weather. He was told that he continue taking medicines and he will be fine in few days.

But when even after a week his cough situation did not improve, he also got blood with cough couple of times, he visited Naveen Hospital in Greater Noida on 11th Nov. he was told same thing there and was given medicines. But situation did not improve and he also started feeling little problem in breathing.

On 13th Nov he again visited Naveen Hospital because he was feeling breathing problem. Now he was still healthy enough to walk and to visit hospital himself. His wife accompanied him to hospital. When he reached hospital because he has to walk some 50-100 meters, he started sweating badly and was clear that breathing issue in beyond normal now. But he was still walking himself and spoke to same physician who was treating him. Physician gave him some vapor to inhale. My brother felt a bit relieved with that. At this time physician also gave him 3 injections. Immediately after taking these injections my brother started feeling giddy and told same to physician and he went unconscious. Physician took him to ECG and then to ICU. While taking to ICU, brother started throwing hands and legs like he cant breathe at all.

Physician told that he had Heart Attack at this time and he should be transferred to Fortis Hospital Noida. Fortis kept him on ventilator for 5-7 days and then was he declared dead.

In this whole episode, I suspect treatment given by physician at Naveen Hospital. I dont know what that physician had in mind but my brother went to Naveen at 10 AM. He was talking with doctor at about 10:30 AM. Now in records that we received from Naveen Hospital, it is shown that my brother was brought to hospital at 1:59 PM and was discharged at 2:30 PM. Why would hospital do this? I think there was something wrong with the treatment and to keep their a** off, Naveen hospital changed records.

Now I am seeking advice, can I file a case against this hospital based on
- My brother's wife statement on what time she visited hospital
- Some medicines/injections names that physician asked my brother's wife to bring on that day. She actually lost the slip that had names of one of those 3 injections. I have rest two with me.

There might be few more items that I may find important after talking to legal expert.

My question is, in this whole case, would it be advisable to file case against Naveen Hospital. There is sure something fishy about their records. I have lost what I could, but these hospital should not be treating peoples life just for making money. May be I can make things better for others.

Thanks
Brij'

Hello Brij,
If you suspect the deficiency treatment given at Naveen hospital, you can file a complaint at consumer court. Submit all the reports and evidences to the court, the you have.

- Reddy

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Reddy's father expired due to negligence by a hospital and he pursued the case in consumer court but he lost it.

If you've any questions you can contact him.

Just send him a PM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors