Samsung Smart TV Issue

I had booked Samsung Smart TV (UA46F8000) in the month of May 2014, but could not take delivery as my house was undergoing renovation.

Finally I took the delivery on 13th Sep 2014 and the installation guy (Mr. Sandeep) came on 15th Sep 2014. When the installation guy opened the TV box we noticed that the TV did not had the plastic wrappers and side stickers, I immediately called the Samsung Store Manager (Mr. Bhagwan from Kings Electronics, Nerul). I asked him to replace the TV set as I believed it was not a new set as the stickers and Plastic cover wrapping were missing from the TV panel. But he said that now-a -days Samsung gives the sticker and plastic wrapping for demo sets only. I did not buy his point but had no other option as the TV was purchased in May month and he also asked me to pay Rs. 15000 towards VAT if I needed replacement, as I was not agreeing to pay additional amount he promised that he will replace the set in case any issues are found in the set.

Since 1st week of November the TV has started restarting after sometime. First it used to happen in the gap of 2-3 days then it came down to daily now it is 3-4 times in a day.

I had complained it to Samsung contact center on 12-Nov-2014 (Complaint No. 8428579116)and they asked me to do all the routine stuffs but the issue still persisted. The engineer visited my hiuse and diagnosed that the issue is with the motherboard and it needs to be changed. He said he will do the factory reset and asked me to observe it for one or two days, if issue persists the motherboard needs to be changed.

After spending more than 1 Lakhs if I get such a defective TV set then what is the use of buying such costly and branded TV. I feel like I am being cheated and wanted the TV to be replaced and not repaired. This is such a shame that such costly TV gives issues in just two months time. I had opted for Samsung for its superb built quality and excellent services. But now I feel these people sell sub-standard products. I think their products don't even undergo quality checks that is the reason such costly products starts giving issues within 2 months of usage.

After my sending the email to Samsung CEO's desk I get a call and later a email from Mr. Sameer Jain, Manager - Customer Experience (West) stating that the they cannot exchange or refund the amount, they can only repair the television.

It is more than a month and I am still forced to use the faulty television set.

What is the point of repairing the television if it starts giving problems within the first 2 months itself.

My Sincere request to you all is that do not buy products from such a company who is zero interest in understanding the customers pain and no consideration towards the hard earned money of its customers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors