SAMSUNG plasma TV stopped working on last day of warranty

sir,
I bought a SAMSUNG plasma TV on 12th oct 2011,They gave one year warranty,it worked well for 364 day.it got problem exactly on what date it expires its warranty,i just Shocked was there any timer set .Lack of customer care information I called on next day i.e on 13th oct 2012.They responded well and registered a complaint on 14th oct (as referred on 14 th),with their advice I take it to near service center . They said there is major problem that costs 10000 INR .What I have to do,I bought it for Rs 40000.With in one year if it gets major problems what customer has to do? Please advice me sir.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: about warranty of SAMSUNG plasma TV

If you had bought it on 12th then the 365th day will be on 11th. Anyway items tend to break down around warranty time since this is the minimum quality needed for any product in a company -- that it should work fine in warranty period.

Samsung does have extended warranty in case of mobiles etc, I'm not sure about TV's.

I suggest you show your TV to another Samsung service center as sometimes some shops will try to fool you. You also take it to non-authorized center and they should not charge more than a Rs. 5000 as company centers are very costly. Just take estimate at non-authorized center/shops also and don't leave the shop without TV as they can change some parts of your TV if you're not there.

Any new parts will have 6 month warranty in case they break down.

Finally they said problem in panel, they charged Rs. 3000, without any customer satisfaction. One doubt sir ,if manufacturer needs good feedback from customers he must provide some favorable deeds. Exactly one year life is not digesting in my mind ,up to what extent it is right. If problem comes after one month i don't care, I just go to their service center I will pay for it as they want.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Samsung sells millions of items in a year. Some items do fail at the expiry of warranty. This is your case. Till now in past 13 years whichever items I've purchased from Samsung none became defective :).

did you speak to the customer service manager and brought to his notice. If the breakdown had happened excatly on the last day or the next day of the warranty period, it needs to be considered.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
No need to ask. If it breaks down even on last day it'll be considered if you present it to the service center on the last day. No company will cover it in the next day after expiry of warranty.

natarajan said:
Did you speak to the customer service manager and brought to his notice. If the breakdown had happened excatly on the last day or the next day of the warranty period, it needs to be considered.

IN MY CASE THEY PLAYED A BIG DRAMA RIGHT UPTO CEO OFFICE AND DELAYED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY .
ITS RIGHTLY SAID IT IS SELF RESPECT OF EDUCATED CUSTOMERS THAT MATTERS MOST

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors