Nightmarish experience with CarDekho.com

I have placed 2 orders on this portal - CarDekho.com until now and both the times it has been a nightmare. Let me tell you my horror stories.

First order: I had ordered 2 pieces of car freshener; After receiving the package I saw that there was only one piece, whereas they collected the price of 2 pieces. When I reported the same to their customer care, I received a response saying that they will get back to me in 48 hours. I waited for 4 days and then inquired again. I receive the same standard response again. I again waited for 4 days and contacted them. They told me that they will arrange for reverse pick-up of the product. I had to write them 10 emails, before they picked up the product. After a month of follow-up, my amount was refunded, after spending so much of time behind this silly thing. :mad:

Second order: I thought that my experience with them on the first order might be an exception and wanted to go for a car vacuum cleaner from the same portal. :angel: However, they proved yet again that I was expecting too much from them. I received the package with vacuum cleaner and I was unable to use it for a week, since I had too much work at office and was busy. After a week, I was cleaning my car and used the vacuum cleaner. To my horror, it was a defective piece. The motor was working but the fan was not attached to the motor. It was broken and fallen off inside the motor compartment. It also appeared to be a used piece. I informed the same to the customer care and immediately I received a response email informing me that they can take the product back only within 7 days and I was informing this to them on 8th day.

To me, it appears that there is a pattern to the way this portal works. They either send incorrect quantity or defective products. If the customers are diligent enough to check it immediately and report it, they take it back after much of follow-up. Else, the customer ends up with a unusable product or less quantity and ends up losing hard earned money.

Hence, my request to fellow shoppers is - Please beware of this shopping portal's tactics; Please think hundred times before spending your hard earned money to buy products on this portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors