My Samsung UHDTV is not working and company refuses to replace the TV set

My Samsung 55 inch UHDTV UA55F9000AR is not booting up. It is now 3 years that I have been using the TV and the set does not power up. I had requested for service and the result is to replace the board on the TV at a cost of 36000/-. I had paid close to Rs300000/- in Oct 2012 when the TV was launched. Thinking it is 4K product and a flagship model from Samsung. I had option to buy LG, Sony however I still preferred to go with Samsung due to picture quality. The set however does not also support 4K input resolution.

From service point of view Rlogic (Samsung) indicated that the Main board on the TV need replacement. There is no investigation made just by replacing sample board the conclusion is made. I am not happen with Samsung company as I had asked the company management to get deep into the issue and check for the fault. Today I received an email from samsung representative that my set is out of warranty and the company can provide the PCB at a cost of 35776.67. As per the company below is the reply. This clearly cheating the customer who buys an expensive set and need to go for a board replacement with a high cost also the warranty is only 3 months.

Given the situation I am helpless I need justice to not allow such companies to sell their sets if they cannot support customers. My recommendation would be, not to buy Samsung TV products as this is a easy way to make money by charging for the replacement board. Also I got cheated that I was not aware the set cannot intake 4K@60Hz resolution although the TV is a UHD model (neither on USB or HDMI).

Samsung representative NITIN GEORGE <nitin.g2@partner.samsung.com> quoted

"We understand that you expect a Replacement or 3yr.warranty on PCB. We would like to inform you that the date of purchase of your product was (12.10.2013) and as such, the same product is out of warranty now. The PCB needs to be replaced to rectify the defect reported by yourself. As a good will gesture if you pay the full estimate 3 months warranty will be there on PCB.
Keeping customer satisfaction in mind, we are offering a very cost effective repair for your product. The total repair cost for your product is Rs.(35776.67).
Thus, to conclude, we would not be able to cater to your request for Replacement or 3yr.warranty on PCB. Please confirm your decision so within 7 working days so that the necessary repair work can be carried out in your product
"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors