my passport issue in Hard Disk

RE: my passport issue

kamal1239 said:
Hi all,

My external Hdd is not working properly. its still under warranty.
any one help me to check my drive.

thanks in advance.
Hi Kamal1239,
I am sorry to hear about it. Based on your post, it may be a hardware issue. I’d like to check with you, after connected the WD My Passport HDD, is the LED light blinking? Do you feel any vibration from the HDD? Is there any error message, when you are accessing the device? Could you give me some more details about that? If possible, please provide a snapshot and the specific error message.

If it’s a hardware issue and the HDD is still under warranty, I suggest you to proceed for an RMA. For RMA service, you may refer to the link below.

{wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8} .

For more information about warranty support, you may visit to
{support.wdc.com/warranty/policy.asp?wdc_lang=en} .

Hope it helps.

Hi Simranrohil,

I am glad to help you out. Based on your post, I'd like to check with you, have you tried to connect the HDD to another PC? Is it working ok from the existing PC? Can you see the HDD used space in Properties? Does it show up in the Disk Management? Could you give me some details about that? If possible, please provide a snapshot and the specific error message. For the meantime, I’d suggest you some basic troubleshooting steps that may help you to solve the issue.

1) Try to connect with different port on same MOBO.
2) Try to use it with a different SATA cable.
3) Try a different HDD to make sure that the problem is with the Port and not with the original disk.
4) And lastly, check the power management in Windows or the BIOS menu as well to see what all options are on and which ones are off due to power settings.

Hope it helps.

My passport 2Tb is 3 months old.
Today I checked it using Crystaldiskinfo and got this result:

health staus is : Bad
temp: 52 c

relocation sectors 41 worst and threshold 140

Please suggest something :(

hi baldev67,

Based on your post, it may be a hardware issue. To confirm the possible reason, please run the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics in the system.

Please refer to the link below for Data Lifeguard Diagnostics:

{wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940}

If the result status is bad and the HDD is still under warranty, I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA. For RMA service, you may refer to the link below.

{wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8}

Before you proceed for an RMA, I would suggest you to transfer all important data in the other HDD.

Hope it helps.

Hi DK WD

I tried your recommended software. The result is same. The threshold value is 150+ and bad sectors are worst. I think, my drive is going to die soon. Can you help me to do RMA.

Hi baldev67,

I am sorry to hear about it. Based on the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic utility test result, it’s a hardware issue and If WD My Passport is still under warranty, I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA. For RMA service, you may refer to the link below.
{http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=x9Maqg}

For more information about warranty support, you may visit to {http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=XVXS4T} .

You can use our RMA service via website, call and email us for your request. Our support team will happy to help you.

The following link has details of India support team:-

{http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PTlsRO}

Before you proceed for an RMA, I would suggest you to transfer all important data in the other data storage.

Hope it helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors