Make My trip is not refunding the money as trip git cancelled due to visa rejection

customer By (RAJASHREE BHATTACHARYA) (21/05/2018 08.29 AM)
Reference ID:[180518-053837] NL206201085851|Visa rejection|12
Here are the documents that r & also I have attached the screenshot of the wats app confirmation to Manee Jain. Points to be considered:

Booked on March 26th, Persistently called & tried to get the Visa process started by calling/ wats /Email (PFA)
Ultimately got the visa appointment on April 7th, 2018, this was super duper late by 11 days.
No email or phone follow-ups by Pulkesh for Visa
Was it known that I will not get visa & that you can charge me the cancellation fee?
More mysteriously, I was asked to make a part payment 59016 INR just a couple of days earlier to interview- It could have waited for few more days, PFA the dialogue between me & Manee where she insists on making the payment. I did that in good faith.
I immediately informed Manee Jain regarding this.
16/05/18, 10:55 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: Visa rejected, now what to fo
16/05/18, 10:55 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: Do
16/05/18, 10:56 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: IMG-20180516-WA0004.jpg (file attached)
16/05/18, 10:58 - Manee MMT: Will cross check with Anubhav and call you..
16/05/18, 10:59 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: Very depressing
16/05/18, 11:33 - Manee MMT: Mam , in this situation it is advisable to reapply after 6 months only else it can get refused again ..
16/05/18, 11:35 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: Ok, what about the money that I have paid
16/05/18, 11:35 - Rajashree Bhattacharya: I will get the tickets canceled
I also wanted to reiterate that in https://www.makemytrip.com/sites/default/files/ck_uploads/OBT Booking Terms and Conditions.pdf
Please check CANCELLATION DUE TO VISAREJECTION
The response to this email was shocking:
Subject
NL206201085851|Visa rejection|12 Jun|

Response By Email (Priti Gupta) (19/05/2018 01.32 PM)
Dear Rajashree,

Greetings !!!

As discussed yesterday , booking is alreday cancelled and visa rejection letters are shared with vendors to check for waiver . This will take some time since vendors need to check the liabilities on their end and advise the possible waivers , if any .

Thanks & Regards,
Priti Gupta | Senior Relationship Officer- Holiday Expert Team
Tel: 0124 4628788
19th Floor , Tower A, B & C Epitome Building No. 5, Dlf Cyber City ,Phase 3, Gurgaon 122002, India

Here is my reply :
Rajshree Bhatacharya <rajshree.bhatacharya@gmail.com>
May 19 (2 days ago)
to bhatacha, MakeMyTrip, bcc: Sarthak
Hi Priti,

Thanks for your response. I don't think there is any question of "If any "clause for the refund.

The refund has to be done as it was not me who decided to cancel the plan & it involves big money.

You can not apply cancellation charges as mention in your document I had present earlier. The money cannot be held as a ransom of paying in advance in good faith.

Please let me know when would the money be refunded. I will certainly wait for 5 more working days (it is a week in real time) for the refund to process.

If there is no initiation of refund by May 25th, 2018, I would have to proceed with further action to get my money back.

Regards
Rajashree

I have attached my Visa rejection document.
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (21/05/2018 08.29 AM)
Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip.com.

The Reference ID 180518-034182 assigned to your query is now escalated to Step-2.

You are requested not to change the subject line containing the Reference ID when replying to us to enable us to serve you better.

Our customer service team 'We Care' will review the case and connect back within 48 Hours. If you require urgent assistance, please feel free to call us on our toll free number at 1800-102-8747 or +91-124-4628747 (from networks in and outside India).

Warm regards,
Team MakeMyTrip.com

1. Click <a href="http://makemytrip.custhelp.com/app/answers/list">here</a> to find useful information and answers on our new FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section
2. Use the Customer Support section on our website to view, print or cancel your e-tickets for flights and bus bookings, view hotel bookings, print hotel voucher, know the status of your refunds and much more (features vary with Domestic Flights, International Flights, Hotels, Bus and Rail bookings)
3. Please click on Customer Support, FAQs - MakeMyTrip - India's No.1 Travel Company reach out to the escalation matrix process on our website.
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (18/05/2018 07.10 AM)
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip.com.

A Reference ID 180518-034182 has been assigned for your query. In order to enable us to serve you better please do not change the subject line containing the Reference ID when replying to this email.

Please expect a reply from our end within 24 hours. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are travelling within 24 hours, please call us on our toll free number at 1800-102-8747 or +91-124-4628747 (from networks in and outside India).
Customer By (RAJASHREE BHATTACHARYA) (18/05/2018 07.10 AM)
My visa has been rejected whose interview was scheduled on May 16th, 2018 at 10.30 hours. I have informed Manree via wats app yesterday to which she had called & confirmed that she has raised the issue internally. I am, yet to hear about my refund status for the tour of NL206201085851.

Best Regards,
MakeMyTrip Team

expert

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on the terms and conditions under which you purchased it.

You took risk of buying tickets with chance that your visa could be rejected.

Secondly flights sell heavily discounted tickets which don't carry any refunds.

So just check the refund policy under which you had transacted. Please don't feel bad about it. You should blame more on the Embassy than Makemytrip

I completely identify with you. I have also been defrauded by Make my trip.
I urge everyone who's reading this to directly book from airline websites instead of using makemytrip as they are much more flexible; in cases of cancellation/amendments
MMT charges separately in addition to the airline cancellation/amendment fees.
How to go about it::
-Check fares on MMT.
-select flights as per your time and budget
-DONT BOOK ON MMT instead go to the website of the airline that you've selected and book.
-That additional minute you spend on changing websites will save you so much headache.
I urge everyone to please book directly from airline websites as they have the same fares!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors