irctc rejecting TDR citing dubious reaosns

PNR Number 6431641554
Ticket from Bhagalpur to Anand Vihar on Garib Rath, 19th August

On 19th August, Train 22405 started 7:30 hrs late, at 8:00 PM instead of 1:30 PM. My passenger did not travel (missed the train because on Bhagalpur station, railway inquiry was dysfunctional, so no update on right timings) and within one hour of departure of train, I filed for TDR citing the reason - Train delayed by more than 3 hours.
My TDR was rejected. Reason cited by IRCTC - I did not select any reason for filing TDR. then I corrected them that I have selected the reason.
Now, IRCTC has rejected my TDR citing a different reason - I filed the TDR after two hours of departure, which is completely ridiculous. And so, I lost my full Rs 1000 in the ticket.

This is simply loot of public's money. I want my legitimate TDR amount.

Try filing a complaint in the 'railways' section of the dpg.gov.in if there is no reply from the irctc within a week. It's a central govt. website .

Hi,

Even I have faced similar issues with IRCTC where they have not refunded ticket dated in January, 2014 and other one in May, 2014. I almost lost Rs.3000. It seems IRCTC is asking for forced charity.

The email ID care@irctc.co.in is to fool people and they do not have authority or concrete response on our queries..

Don't know who can help..Aache Din ab nahi aayenge with IRCTC

Even I have faced similar problems with IRCTC.
I have lost Rs.4650.
Very pathetic services by railway.
I have sent mails and gave calls to customer care but didn't get help from anyone.

Regards,
NItesh Taunk.

Thanks.
I got my money back after complaining on dpg.gov.in
Thanks to dpg.gov.in also for their support to public.

akshebs said:
Listen people, please file a complaint on dpg.gov.in. They do respond . My case got reopened after filing a complaint there

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors