IRCTC and Indian Railway Grey area

Hi, I booked a ticket from Dhanbad to New Delhi my PNR number is 6535224955, DOJ 9th Nov. Out of two tickets only one was confirmed after chart preparation so I filed a TDR for waiting list ticket. I filed TDR two hours prior to the Journey and the IRCTC system allowed me to do that without giving any warning message. Now I received email from them "With reference to refund against PNR Number 6535224955 with reason After Charting No Room Provided., it is advised that Railway has introduced Enhanced Coaching Refund System (ECRS), through which e- ticket refund cases against which TDRs are filed are directly registered and transferred to the concerned Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds. Your refund was dealt and regretted by Chief Commercial Manager/Refunds NR under case No. 100000020919215 with reason ,Failed to collect TDR/TTE Certificate/GC .". I have two complaints 1) I lost INR1800 without even traveling. 2) If I was following a wrong procedure why I was not given a warning and why system didn't give me an error message. Whenever we try to print a ticket it is clearly mentioned that any un-confirmed ticket won't be considered valid. So how IRCTC don't refund my money. Just think, keeping this as grey area how many people Indian Railway and IRCTC would be making every day. The time has come when people should raise voice against it, either it is public sector service provider or private sector service provider.

Thanks Pranay

Since you've got 1 confirmed and 1 waiting list passenger on the same ticket, technically you have a 'full' ticket on which both of you can board and travel sharing 1 berth if TTE doesn't provide an extra.

Now you've asked for cancellation and filed TDR with reason 'ticket waitlisted' then you're actually asking for the cancellation of only the waitlisted passenger travelling with you. For refund of that you have to obtain a certificate from TTE confirming that the WL passenger didn't travelled.

The right thing you should've done is to just cancel the ticket like a normal ticket with reason like 'Passenger Not Travelled'.

If need further clarification, you can ask me. You can also read this article cyberhowto.com/irctc-online-ticket-reservation-hidden-features/ clarifying this and many more such confusing things.

Its very true that lot of rules aren't clearly explained on the Indian Railways website.

It's so sad to know that such things can still happen when it's already 2015.. This should be taken care of in the future so there are no more such incidents. Check out this site irctclogin.org/ so it doesn't happen again

Just to let you know, that I complaint indiangov and indian railways grievance cell. They not only refunded money but now there policy of partial conformed ticket is available on e-ticket copy. I am really happy with new government. At least they are trying.
ico0101 said:
It's so sad to know that such things can still happen when it's already 2015.. This should be taken care of in the future so there are no more such incidents. Check out this site irctclogin.org/ so it doesn't happen again

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors