Indian railways refund policy

HI,

I have a serious concern regarding the Indian Railways refund policy. I booked a return ticket from chennai to delhi for 12 -Jul 6:30 am in morning. Unfortunately I was not able to catch the train. I missed my trains by 5 mins. The return policy was just changed on 1 July wherein if you miss your train you need to cancel your ticket within 2 hours of train departure. When I missed my train I was very frustrated and angry. I realized that I have to cancel my ticket too. As I was in roaming I was using another phone with no Internet. By the time I realized it was 30 mins past since train left. I wondered around in search of Internet but could not find any where around. After struggling I left and decided to return home to cancel my ticket. Now by the time I cancelled the ticket, 2 hour time tat was over. When I filed the TDR I was informed that amound cannot be refunded for the ticket. I am feeling very bad and angry as to why Indian railways has fixed a time tat of 2 hours for online users. Or they should provide us with a counter on Railway station to cancel the ticket.

Please raise my concern to appropriate authority.

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member
In any case Railways will check from the charts if you traveled or not. Then only will they issue a refund. Limiting 2 hours looks like for making easy money to already disturbed passenger. Somebody should take all these to the Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Commission

I fear consumer forum may not give you relief from this rule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors