ICICI given my information to unknown person without my permission

hi,

In July 16k was credited to my account but i thought it was my PF amount that i received. After two months one unknown man called me and told me about the wrongful transaction happened towards the me and he is organically beneficial , i was shocked listed that he know my home number , my address and even so less transaction happened to my account .
1) bank didn't inform me yet about the same
2) i have spent the money as thought it was my money i was in need of the money
3) i am going through tough phase as i am really afraid about the security
this mental trauma is tough for me what should i do

regards
Kunal

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: ICICI given my information to unkonwn person

There is no excuse you can give to keep somebody else's money.

The owner can legally pull you. If it occurred due to bank's mistake then bank's lawyers would not let you sleep.
16,000 isn't a big amount. Just return it and live happily.

see i am more happy to return the money as its not belong to me , but at any cost how can they share my information to the actual beneficiary
and for matter it was not ICICI who transferred the money ,it was the SBI who transferred the money in my account ( it was some It return money as the benificary told me) it was not direct transaction

1) isnt that you think that bank should not disclose my information to this third party or the real beneficiary rather than asking me first

expert

Administrator
Staff member

The truth is that every bank discloses such information in India. We're not an advanced country( after all poor only!)

so suppose third person( other account holder) is done any harm to me as he knows my address and my all details then who will be the responsible for it , don't i have right to to leave my private life and keep my privacy according to the constitution ?

when i become the Consumer to the bank should bank be so responsible and keep my details safe and let the other party to wait as there should be some process need to be follow .

cant i send the notice to bank for doing such lame to play with anybody finical

expert

Administrator
Staff member

You don't have any proof against the bank. That's why they give it :).
Police will not investigate it as you need to pay them heavy bribe.

RBI has no time for this, as they already get too many gift's from bank bodies in India.

Dear kunalmhatre25

You pretty well know that the amount of Rs 16,000/- credited in your account is not yours. Then what should you do? You should approach the Bank saying that Rs 16,000/- has wrongly been credited in your account. If you have done this, the Bank will take immediate action to transfer the amount to the correct account. The unknown person Mr.X would not have contacted you and you can be free without any fear.

Please imagine in other way. If your money Rs 16,000/- has been credited to other man's account wrongly what would you do? Will you not approach the Bank and ask the persons' details like name, address and phone number?

So forget the past and co operate with the Bank to transfer the amount to the correct person.

Rajgopalan

expert

Administrator
Staff member

No, this is not the case. Actually the person has accidentally entered wrong account number when doing NEFT from another bank. ICICI account numbers are in series. If you change only 1 to 0 in one place, there could be another person's account.

In this case bank does not know if the person has done mistake. Now it is between who has transferred and who has received the funds not meant to him. ICICI bank does not have anything to do and will not reverse transaction without court order.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors