ICICI Bank claiming late payment charges by sending the statement after the due date

Hi ,
I Recently brought a new ICICI Credit card ,I was told through phone that 10th of every month would last day of payment, then suddenly I get a call saying 3rd was the last date of payment .

I did not receive credit card statement through any mode , still I made the payment and called the customer care where they agreed of not having my address and
email id and not sending the statement. After that they updated my email id in the system.

Now they are charging late payment fees and interest of more than 2000 , after writing to the consumer care I get a reply saying that the bill has been sent to my email id on August 17th , however I can see in my inbox the mail is dated on September 10th , the same day on which cc executive updated my email address ,
note that my credit card due date was on 3rd of September , and I got the statement on September 10th, which is 7 days after the due date.
Even after sending the snap shots of the mail box which shows the date of arrival of the mail , I constantly get a reply saying they have sent the bill on August 17th itself and can't reverse the charges.
I believe that RBI rules strictly says that Bank need to pass the bill to customer some days before due date , can some one please suggest me what measures can be taken to avoid paying the extra charges for no mistake of mine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors