Highly unfair deduction of visit charges. (1011613997)

Should the service providers be given free right to deduct any amount from account directly or it sh

• Without consent of consumer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only with proper consent of consumer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My family has been customer of Tata Sky since quite long but what they’ve done in recent times is shameful for Tata name. In past some time, we’ve been getting repeated calls for up-gradation to Tata Sky HD – however since we did not have HDTV at that time we chose not to upgrade. Their pretext was that the wiring etc is all old, and if you upgrade you wont need to pay up for new wiring / visits for 1 year etc. One day for a small problem (antenna mis-alignment caused by monkeys) Tata Sky engineers had to be called up – and they validly deducted Rs. 150 from our tata sky account. However – the cable wire was pulled up and it was strained the wire towards the set top box. A few days later (day before yesterday) the wire pulled out of the set top box but my mother could not understand the problem. She called up Tata sky – who specifically told that you would not be charged for this visit since within 20 days of visit if a new problem arises – the visit charges are not to be paid by the customer. My mother confirmed this 3 times before calling them home. However – to bring disgrace to their name and to cause inconvenience to us – Rs. 150 was deducted from our account. Adding further – our account balance before deduction was Rs. 243, and after deduction was Rs. 14 (deduction was close to Rs. 220 – since I checked balance following day so 1 day’s charges had to be lessened fairly). God knows what mathematics have they applied or what taxes have they levied. This time they saw a new HDTV at our home – and again made the same sales pitch stating if you get a new tata sky HD connection the charges wont apply else visit charges for this time would be there.
We tried calling their customer care – who reverted their previous said statement and said free visit can only be availed within 7 days of previous visit – and they were sorry for the inconvenience caused and wrong information given previously.
I have 3 questions – 1) Since they strained the wire first from antenna which led to this problem – why should I as a consumer be charged for this?
2) How ethical is it to use the propaganda to upgrade services upon seeing a new HDTV at home that the visit which was supposed to be free was suddenly made paid?
3) When their official number gave us information regarding a free visit – how can they simply get away by stating “sorry for inconvenience” and still deduct amount from our account? Isnt it their own responsibility to own up when wrong information was dispelled by their officials?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors