Girias Electronics - Malpractices, cheating, Rude behaviour

I had purchased a 1.5 Ton Voltas AC from Girias Hubli on 3rd May 2016. The buggers had sold me the unit knowing that they did not have any stock of stabilizers with them. (Stabilizer was included in the total offer price of AC like many other dealers were offering). I was told that within 2 days the stabilizer would be delivered. After 2 days were over one Mr. Narayan said it would take 2 more days. After 4 days were over he shamelessly asked for 2 more days saying there was no stock. After 6 days were over, I finally spoke to one Mr. Chandru who said the stock had arrived while Narayan said they were still out of stock. One Mr. Monish posing as a manager said the consignment had met with an accident and so there was a delay and finally asked for 2 more days time. He gave a committment that by 14th May (i.e. 4 days later) he would have the stabilizer installed at my home.
On 14th after waiting for the entire day I called up Girias's landline number and asked for the appliances section manager Monish. Now I am told he is not manager but Mr. Arun is the manager. It appears that when I wanted to speak to the manager to report the delay 5 days ago anybody would pose as a manager and speak on the phone. Now Mr. Arun like all other people I spoke on the phone was not at all concerned to address my issue. He point blank told that he cannot send it today and will send it tomorrow again taking me for a ride as the next day was a sunday and no technician would come to fit the stabilizer to the AC unit. Arun is such ill-mannered that he banged the phone even before the conversation was over. Some of the reasons I got from him on the phone were...
1. There is no vehicle to send the stablizer as both their auto drivers had gone home. When I asked why could they not hire an outside auto and delier on their promise, these Girias people said they cannot send that way.
2. Then Arun said there are a lot of customers at their showroom and they cannot spend time to resolve my concern. This was the most shameless and irresponsible reason I have heard from any store manager in my life.. as if I was not the customer anymore since they had done the sales part and were only looking to rope in more new customers with least concern of providing complete and proper service to existing customers.
3. Then the persons answering the landline (most ill-mannered and speak disrespectfully) said they will find out if technician was available the next day else the stabilizer would be sent on monday.
4. Arun was even OK if I approached consumer court with my complaint. He seemed to behave as if he was doing me a favor by saying that he was sending the stabilizer the next day despite the committment after a delay of alomst 15 days.
5. Arun and even other persons who spoke on the phone said the AC comes with 5 yrs compressor warranty and you can use it without stabilizer, and if anything happens they would be responsible. This audacity they have despite the fact that the warranty terms clearly mention that the stabilizer must be used with the unit.

Mr. Arun and the rude speaking sales person are all hand in glove because when I demanded to knnw the names of the people at the counter who had answered the phone and spoken to me such disrespectfully he said there are 6 people and he cannot give all their names. When I asked atleast give me the names of 1-2 people among them, he did not provide their names too. This Arun who is the manager at Girias is promoting a culture of rudeness and careless shabby service to existing customers by consistently failing to provide timely and complete services, and by supporing and himself setting an example of rude behaviour for his staff.

I repent having purchased this AC from Girias. Had I purchasd from Harsha or other dealers who had the stock of stabilizers and provide a respectful service I would have saved my Rs 200 over phone calls and the trouble I had to go through. These buggers at Girias had told me that Llyod AC service has issues... I now wonder it might not be Llyod service that is incompetent but the service of these buggers at Girias. They are trying to shift the blame on Llyod and start over again with a new brand... but their old habits of cheating public rarely die.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors