Conflict with Landlord

Hello,

Recently we(me and two of my fellow tenants in the same flat) got engaged in a conflict with the landlord as he has issued to us a month's notice to vacate the rented flat on the basis of violation of a clause numbered '23' of the Agreement. The clause clearly states that if any outsider is to stay in the flat for a period of seven days or more, in that case a prior notification to the landlord is necessary. But this has never happened, yes outsiders have stayed over at our place on a regular basis but in no case it has been the same person nor the period of stay has been more than the stipulated tenure. Even our stay in the apartment is in complete harmony with the other tenants in the other floors. The land lord doesn't even want to make any further communication on this regard and wants us to agree to the eviction issue.For your information it is needful on my behalf to mention that we have an 11 months agreement and we have paid in advance the rent of two months since our stay here from 15th November 2014, seperate agreement papers with the same clauses has been signed in by each of us as all three of us are independant adults. Please do let me know if any clause of the Rent Control Act be of any help to us and how can we know if the rent paid by us is in accordance to the Act.

Thanking you in Advance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors