Booked twice by mistake as not informed of confirmation by IRCTC

Respected Sir,
Today on 20-11-2013 at 10:15am My Wife has booked a E-ticket from her account: "DJTRIO" from Pune to Ahmedabad , Train Name : DURANTO Express . Waiting after few minutes during bank transaction She did not received any message about the SUCCESSFUL Transaction on IRCTC Website or any message from IRCTC about PNR Number or any Deduction of Money from bank. We waited for few Minutes. Then Again I booked Another Ticket from My account: "Chiragb12" for Her and I got the Same results.

But When we Checked in "MY Transaction" we got confirmation that Ticket has been Delivered. Now I have cancelled the Ticket from My Account but Rs.1760 has been deducted fully. We regret to book the Ticket from Internet. It happens almost 6 to 7 times in two years that Money has been deducted from our account and no confirmation from IRCTC. If you request I can able to give the PNR Number of both transaction. But we request you to change the rule for getting cancellation on TATKAL QUOTA . Please do not be so harsh and deduct some % of amount instead of Whole. It really hurts because of internet mistakes we have to loose our money. This is not fair.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly it is issue with the software of money related transactions which is very complicated and IRCTC has no role in it.

Now a days if ticket is booked, IRCTC does send email to your inbox and also you can check the transaction status in your account. Then only you should proceed to book ticket second time.

There are scores of people who pay Visa fees for US in India by NEFT and same problem arises. But their rule is simple. NO REFUNDS.

DOSE IRCTC write "Successful Transaction message" if the transaction is done successfully through NEFT or DEBIT or Credit card?
OR IRCTC does not PLAY ANY role in that too?

You cannot compare INDIA with US on any platform except Population ...

Instead of accepting your in-ability to handle the CUSTOMERs in TATKAL Reservation you are just giving an excuses,, At least you can give proper information to the customer once their transaction has been done on the website.

EMAILS , SMS are also delayed some times too and we don't have whole day to book TATKAL TICKETS ,, as our travelling is not scheduled TATKAL Reservation is the only way for us.

We are not expecting any refund from you .. we are just complaining that you are failing to attempt Customers on your website,,, its like your server is not enough to handle this population... :) :)

If you want to compare the capability of INDIAN Server compare it with CHINA who has developed the fastest SERVER on the PLANET just few days back....

Expert said:
Frankly it is issue with the software of money related transactions which is very complicated and IRCTC has no role in it.

Now a days if ticket is booked, IRCTC does send email to your inbox and also you can check the transaction status in your account. Then only you should proceed to book ticket second time.

There are scores of people who pay Visa fees for US in India by NEFT and same problem arises. But their rule is simple. NO REFUNDS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors