Airtel charging for unused services. Customer Care not helpful.

I use Airtel broadband for many years now. I shifted houses on 01-Jul-2013 following which I raised a request with Airtel (Request number - 33626336) on 04-Jul-2013 for relocation of the broadband line to my new address which is just 2 houses apart in the same street. Airtel customer care came back finally on 23-Jul-2013 saying the connection relocation is not possible due to no free lines in the hub (?!). I still do not understand - I have not requested a new connection for them to claim no free lines in the hub! It is a relocation request for 2 houses apart.

This is not the problem though. I asked them for a disconnection since the line transfer was not possible. But I was shocked to here they have charged me for the entire billing cycle for which I have not used their services. I have been asked to pay 1299 as per the plan before they can terminate the connection! I raised this with the Airtel customer care to understand why they charge me for a connection that I have not been using and for which I had raised a relocation request a clear 25 days back. Also I would like to understand why they have not comeback in a couple of days stating line transfer is not possible rather wait for 20 days to let me know that the transfer was not possible. These are clear indications of outright fraudulent ways of money making.

This is not expected from a organisation like Airtel. Shame on them!

Regards,
Sid

expert

Administrator
Staff member
sidswami said:
I asked them for a disconnection since the line transfer was not possible.
Do you have the disconnection request number? Any proof of request for disconnection to Airtel from your side?

sidswami said:
I raised this with the Airtel customer care to understand why they charge me for a connection that I have not been using and for which I had raised a relocation request a clear 25 days back.
In post paid companies don't bother whether you use it or not

sidswami said:
Also I would like to understand why they have not comeback in a couple of days stating line transfer is not possible rather wait for 20 days to let me know that the transfer was not possible. These are clear indications of outright fraudulent ways of money making.
I see no fault of theirs in this. It is their private business and they know best how to give good service so as to increase their business.

sidswami said:
This is not expected from a organisation like Airtel. Shame on them!
I see clearly as communication issue, Airtel should do something do bridge gap between customer and them so minimize such situations.

I suggest you talk to Nodal officer and reach an amicable solution.

Expert said:
Do you have the disconnection request number? Any proof of request for disconnection to Airtel from your side?
Yes I do, please find the email below -

Namaste Siddharth Swaminathan,

You wrote in on 28-06-2013, regarding the shifting of your airtel fixedline number 04442784371.

As per the request number 33626336, we cannot process your request due to some technical constraint in the area.

However, we have registered your request for cancellation. Your Reference number is 34542022. Our team will contact you by 7 days with an update on the same.

Hence, incoming facility has already been barred on 27-06-2013.

airtel appreciates your business and always welcomes your suggestions/feedback.

Warm Regards,
Sunil Mandal
Customer Care
bharti airtel limited.
[hr]
Expert said:
In post paid companies don't bother whether you use it or not
I agree with you partially. Say for example I went out of station and had not using their services, arguing with them is incorrect.

But I raised a request on 04-Jul-2013 for relocation. Had they comeback saying it is not possible by 06th or 07th then it is agreed. I would have paid and closed the connection. They have come back on 23rd, again on 28th. They wasted a month and finally say relocation is not possible. And also expect me to pay for that month which is not agreable by any means.

They can as well check my usage statistics from 01-Jul-2013. I have not been using the connection at all.

Its not fair on their part to delay their analysis so that they can get paid from me for that period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors