Viveks & Home Serve, Free Installation Trap

I purchased two Samsung & 1 Daikin 1.5 Ton Air conditioners from Viveks and was told that the Installation would be free.
The installation was passed on to Home serve –a group company of Viveks.
The Installer visited my apartment in Egmore and laid conditions that since my apartment is on the third floor and there is no proper place to install the outdoor unit, I need to erect platform with railing for their safety. I spent around 12000 and got the platforms installed.
In the meantime, they give me a list of charges for accessories that I need to purchase from Home Serve only the price of the accessories is three times that of in the market. They are selling AC outdoor stand that is available in the market for Rs. 350 for Rs.1000, similarly cotton tape is available Rs. 100 for 15 meters they are asking Rs 280 for 8 meters. Copper tubing is Rs.750 per meter whereas the same is available in the market for Rs. 300 per meter in all the free service costs 3 times the normal installation cost taken by any reputed technician.
I Called up I called up Home Serve and inform them that the platforms are ready they fixed an appointment for me for 21st May at 10 a.m., until 11 a.m. I was waiting at the site repeatedly calling the technician, he, in turn, tells me that he stuck up in traffic in Vandalur and cannot come to the site now and he will visit in the evening, in the evening he has visited the site in my absence. When I called him again he says that some other installation team has already seen and marked the places and hence he cannot do the installation, the other team will come and do it. I was given an appointment again for 22nd at 10 a.m. I waited until 12:30, calling Home Serve almost 10 times and the technician. Finally I get across to the technician and he informs me that he is not aware of it and is working at some other site and can come only at 4 PM, I leave my work, go back to the site at 4pm, till 5:30 he doesn't turn up in spite of repeatedly calling up. At 5:30 his assistants turn up and say that since they are having fasting they cannot do the work and will come today morning at 9.30am. I reached the site with my electrician at 9.30am, they turn up at 11 am, when I offer them the outdoor stand purchased by me, they refuse to install it and ask for Rs.350.00 for fixing each stand. I refused to be blackmailed and told them that my electrician, who was waiting along with me from 9.30am, would fix the stands, and to mark the place where they need the stands. They refused directly to mark the place, In spite of explaining to them that only they will know the exact location, placement of the outdoor units. They refused and finally I had no other option but to ask them to leave. I am posting this to make people away of the kind of cheating overpricing and malpractice being done by them, there is no such thing as Free Installation and in reality, and they are collecting 3 times the normal installation cost. They have no regrets about making people wait for hours and hours, this has been my first and worst experience, and I have decided to keep away from Viveks and Home serve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors