Too many ads in TV programs

Dear All,

It has become mandatory for all viewers to go for Digital SetTopBox thus flourishing market for Dish, Reliance, Tata etc.
Right now I am paying rs 1000 per month (5000 rs setup cost) for my Dish TV.
Every time I start TV, I am bombarded with advertisements. If I have to watch news/program for 30 minutes duration, its 15 min of advertisements that eat my time. Since I am not paying to watch those ads, I should not be compelled to watch them at first place. Is there a DND service for ads ?
There are no ads in US ? How ? How is our system different ? How can we stop ads and have more value time ?

Being a consumer, how can I log a complaint against this, and against whom. Please help

expert

Administrator
Staff member
Some how you'll need to pay for the cost of TV programs. There are some channels though where ads are less but their subscription price will be higher to compensate for the cost of ads.
I don't have any cable in home because of those ads and studies have proved that those ads are detrimental to the growth of children.

India is still a third world country where quantity sells. People want free channels and try to avoid paying subscription charges. There should be many more like you to make change .

Dear Querist,

I guess we as a consumer group need to lodge written complaint to TRAI, the regulatory body of telecom affairs in India, against these corrupt and unethical practices in which Braodcasters as well as MSOs are acting hand-in-hand. And, if need so arises, a PIL may be the only legal remedy.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Maajumder
Adv./SC
New Delhi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors