Snatch theft at Buvaneshwar station

:mad: VICTIM of Snatch theft on the train (30 Dec 2015, 22.10hrs. TATA VSKP Express 18515).
I am a 62 year old Malaysian . I travelled in India from 13 November 2015 till 2nd December 2015 with my wife (58 years). Upon participating the "Sri Setra Parikarama program" at Puri arranged by ISKCON from 27th December Until 30th December, me and my wife left for Visakapatnam from Buvaneswar on 30th November by TATA VSKP train (18515). Our departure was 22.05hr. The train was late. When the train stopped, our coach was quiet far from where we were waiting. So we have to walk for a distance about 150 meters to the coach no B3 (AC3 tier.) When we were getting into with our luggages, when the train started to move, an unidentified person snatched my wife's handbag and jumped out from the train through the opposite side of the entrance (the door found opened) and disappeared in the dark. We immediately reported the incident to TTE who were duty on the train. Upon arriving at Visakhapatnam Junction, with TTE help, we reported the incident to Visakhapatnam Railway Police station. (FIR No. 316/2015)

We were really panic and annoyed as both of our passports and some money were inside the back. We would have departed to Malaysia on 1st December 2015. We had a very tough time in India without any travel document as we cannot leave the country without passport and Exit Permit. Malaysian Consulate is in Chennai and we were not able to get there because of the heavy flood. Without the passport we could not check in to any hotel. We travelled by bus until Tamil Nadu with many transits. Some time we spent our nights at bus Terminals. We got our Emergency travelling pass on 7th December 2015 from Malaysia Consulate. On the same day we applied to FRRO for EXit Pass. With the help of many good people we got our Exit pass on 10th December 2015. We left for Malaysia on 11th December 2015 from Tiruchi Airport.

I hope the Indian Railway and the government take this matter seriously and put more effort to prevent such incidents. As the indent occurred on the train, the Railway authority should take responsibility to help the victims (especially foreigners) until they leave for their homes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors