Snapdeal Online Shopping Review

Hello All,

Here is my real experience with Snapdeal.Com. 30 days earlier I took a bad decision to get a hard drive from Snapdeal and I truly regret it. I got a bad hard drive from Snadeal and when i asked for refund, they sent another without my approval and i am yet to give me my money back after constant follow up!

For those looking to shop on Snapdeal, this review will be an eye opener.

I was looking for a Hard Drive to add to my 3 yr old computer, so when I found a 160 GB drive - a Seagate one, although a PATA( an older technology) coming with a 2 year warranty, at Rs. 691/-, I decided to buy it as - COD - Cash on Delivery.

Snapdeal Order ID - 3710895165

I received the order after 7 days as courier delayed it for some reasons. I paid and went ahead to connect the drive to my computer. The drive delivered to me was a dead one and instead of 2 year warranty it showed on product when I purchased it, it was out of warranty - by seagate customer care and also not even authorized to be sold in India. I have their mail with me.

This seller obviously is selling junk on snapdeal and did not even test the drive before packing it and sending it to me.Snapdeal has no control over what these sellers are offering to customers and you can never be sure if you will get what you asked for.

I went to my snapdeal account and asked for a return and Refund. I never realized that this was just the beginning and it was going to get worse.I got the bad hard drive picked for return - 3 days after reporting the issue. The return form download link, sent by the Snapdeal Customer care did not work and they did not respond on 4 mails I sent to them repeatedly asking for a return form as in mail attachment.

The courier guy who came to pick the drive said that no form was required. The drive went back and voila, I got another mail within 3 days saying that a new order for another drive has been generated and is being shipped to me. I contacted Snapdeal customer care via mail and they told me that the order was shipped before they could process my refund request, so all I need to do is refuse the delivery.

I have sent some 9-10 mails and spent more than 3 hours of my valuable time with Snapdeal and this absolute fiasco.

On, 14th Dec, they sent me a mail saying once the new order arrives back, they will issue a request for refund.
On15th Dec, I got an sms saying that the new order is delayed by courier and they will update me on this in another 48 hrs.

On Dec18th I got a call from delivery boy from courier company and I told him on phone that I do not want this order, s take it back.

On Dec21st, I got a mail from Snapdeal telling me that finally my refund request is accepted and they have decided to put my money into their own SD Cash Account which I have to use within next 6 months!, So my money now remains with Snapdeal.

I have sent a reply telling them that I want my money in my own account, with all account details, but I have no option but to wait while these people do whatever they want to do! Snapdeal customer care is deceitful and insincere. I can't find any other word that fits better to describe their working.

Today Dec 26, Its 7 days since i sent my last mail requesting a refund and they have yet to respond.

I would rather walk into a shop close to home, pick a product, pay for it even if it is 100 rs more. Its better than endless waiting, getting a dead product and realize that you have been cheated because it is not having any warranty and then wait for return and later - much later a refund.

Bottom line - It is too much of a hassle dealing with snapdeal. It was my first interaction and I am never going to even think buying from such online store.

NOTE: Snapdeal.Com is doing its best to manage its online reputation, without caring a dime about customer, so if you see an apologetic reply to this post - please understand these are mere copy paste lines and no more. They had ample opportunity to help me, and they chose to cheat me and they still have my money.

Still want to shop with Snapdeal still? All the best!

Snapdeal

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is
working on it. For any further clarifications, please write to us at help@snapdeal.com and kindly mention your order ID in your subject line.
Thank You for your cooperation.

Regards,
Snapdeal Online Team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors