Reliance broadband cheating customer care and not giving waiver

Hi All,
i have a reliance wired broadband connection with subscriber id 298287767181. Though it is 1mbps broadband connection i never get download speed greater than 100-150Kbps which is far less than TRAI minimum speed 256Kbps.

I raised a complaint against this problem on 10th august 2013 with complaint number 207253762. I talked to Customer care representative named Vikas. He told me that according to TRAI the line is distributed amongst 10 customers and minimum you should get is 100Kbps. As far as I have read TRAI guidelines for Quality of service of broadband i didnt find this info to be true (please see attached document).

Vikas told me that within 24hrs their engineer will come to my house and check the connection problem. On my request he also noted in the complaint that the engineer will bring his own pc/laptop, will let me know when the problem is fixed and i will confirm if the problem is fixed on my machine.

5 days have past and no one showed up and i still get this speed which is equivalent to dial-up. Today on 15th august 2013 when i called them up to know the status of my complaint number 207253762, i was addressed by some lady called 'sonali'. Now what she told is that my complaint has been resolved on 12th of august and the resolution text is "Found some problem on customer PC". This is total lie and fraud by Relaince.

No one came to our house. I didn't get any calls/text from Reliance asking for if i was happy with my resolution else i would have said that no one came to solve the problem and the problem still exists.

When I asked Sonali if she can let me know the name of engineer who resolved the complaint she said "We dont disclose any records of our customers". I then reminded her "I am the customer and engineer is your employee" then she corrected herself saying "We dont get any information about who solved the complaint". I take this as denial of information which is my right. I also understand that every customer complaint contains the name of the person who resolved and closed it. I needed this to complaint about this guy who resolved the complaint without even acting on it.

Anyway, I asked her to give me a Rebate according to TRAI rule
"Rebate:
(a) Faults Pending for > 3
working days and < 7 working
days: rebate equivalent to 7 days
of minimum monthly charge or
equivalent usage allowance "

Then she said that they wont be able to give rebate because their system shows that the complaint has been resolved on 12th. This is fraud and cheating. she also added that "Sir we wont be able to give you rebate, You can do whatever you feel is necessary". Is this called customer care service.. if she can't resolve the problem she should have escalated my issue to senior officer

I want my rebate because there was no resolution of the problem and there is false entry in reliance complaint system. I just cant believe that such a big company would have such poor systems and would cheat its customers.

regarding net speed problem I had to raise another complaint today (complaint number - 207480227). i dont expect much from this complaint either.

I request Reliance to please keep note of this and stop cheating its customers on the name of TRAI. I have also read that if some company uses TRAI name for cheating or fraud then it is liable to prosecution.

I will like Reliance to solve my problems and give me appropriate rebate for the time my net is not working as broadband

- Aazim

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors