refusal for filing TDR

Dear Sir/ Mdm,
We boarded 12711 from Vijayawada for Chennai ( pnr-4161266638). It supposed to reach Chennai at around 1300 hrs on 25/4/14. But it reached at 1900hrs. So we missed onward journey train 22207 towards Kollam which was scheduled at 1630 hrs on 25/4/14. Its PNR is 4161266320.
Now the problem is when I tried to file TDR after 2 days, IRCTC is saying that I should file the TDR with in 2/3 hours of actual departure of the train. In my case, I reached at chennai after 2 1/2 hrs of the actual departure of connecting train.Now the officials at chennai rlystn told no reservation is possible for me to continue the journey as it was booked online. And I was in hurry to reach my destination on time to attend a function at Punalur near Kollam.
When I mailed this issue to IRCTC , they are telling that as I did not file TDR within the stipulated time, I will have to forego the money I expended. Is it my fault that I could not catch the train on time? How can somebody file a TDR while on journey and even if it reaches at 2 1/2 hrs late, they expect us to file TDR at station itself or at night time searching the city for internet cafes? And they are telling that once the train is cancelled then the time is 72 hrs. Is it justified ? If the train (22711) reaches 4/5 hrs after the actual departure of onward journey train, then also they say the same rule?
Please look into the matter.
BU Bhaskar

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You should have called some relative to file the TDR within 2 hours of the departure of the train.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors