Non Working Of Set Top Box

Sir,

After up gradation of set top box to HD, since last 36 hours, we are not in a position to view the tv.

We have tried so many times to call.....every time they are telling it will take 4 hours to settle the issue.....

No body from the company helps out....

You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter and activate your HD service, immediately.

I am a Tata Sky customer for a long time (4 years) and recently I kept seeing a few channels were not available. The message showed that I need to convert my set top box to MPEG4 to access these channels. They asked me to sms Y to 55663. I did so, and within a day the Tata Sky installation person came over on 25th Sep 13 and changed my set top box. Things were fine until suddenly on 28th Sep, all the channels on my connection disappeared and I keep getting an error message saying "This is not the right Tata Sky digicard for this set top box. Please call Tata Sky helpline for assistance on; 1860 425 6633, 020 66006633, 040 66006633, 0172 66006633."
I called up on the first no. (which is not toll free by the way). It took me 10 minutes to explain my problem, since clearly the customer care executive was not very well trained in English. It took me a lot of time to understand what she said (her English was quite exotic, no grammar, no punctuation). Finally, she explained to me that it would take 12 hours to get this issue resolved. I asked her to connect me to a superior so that I could understand what the issue exactly is. I was told that her Manager would revert within 15 minutes. However, I did not receive any call that day.
Next day after coming back from office in the evening (24 hours after my last call), the same issue persisted. I called up the Installation engineer who had come to my home to install this set top box. He simply told me, "This is not my responsibility, please call customer care". I requested him to have a look. So he said he will try. Before I could provide him any details whatsoever (I was not also calling from the Tata sky registered mobile no., just in case he wanted to search my account through it) he dropped the call. I tried to call him back and he deliberately cut the call.
I called up customer care once more and the same story continued. I have been assured that the issue will "surely get resolved" in the next 24 hours.
The kind of behaviour and lack of professionalism I experienced from the Tata Sky employees is simply appalling! Specially, because of the brand value that Tata carries. I am disappointed and disgusted with the kind of response and arrogance I have received. Surely, this needs to be sorted out.
There also seems to be a huge gap in the mechanism and framework in which Tata Sky functions. Why does it take so many manual interventions to update my profile? Surely, this can be automated. This is simply lackadaisical and unacceptable.

Deepak Joshi said:
Sir,

After up gradation of set top box to HD, since last 36 hours, we are not in a position to view the tv.

We have tried so many times to call.....every time they are telling it will take 4 hours to settle the issue.....

No body from the company helps out....
I have posted my experience with tatasky here. This is how my 2-3 days wait extended to 20 days and the response from their side was always the same "within 4 hours" or "within 24 hrs" b*** s***.

contacted nodal office.. but after first response call nothing happened. after that all my calls and emails went unanswered.

I then started emailing nodal office, help@tatasky.com and tqms@tataquality.com.

I finally changed to DishTV last week. I got a call from a tatasky agency regarding my complaint... after 25 days!! I told them they can go to hell and i don't need them. It felt very good.

I suggest you contact your nodal office (http://www.tatasky.com/manual-of-practice.html) by phone and also email them with a copy to help@tatasky.com. Maybe addressing your displeasure and making the tata top management aware of bad service will be a good way. You can email tqms@tataquality.com regarding the bad service....

I think most of us take things too lightly.. the chalta hai attitude has made even private companies behave like government offices :-(

I have decided to be very intolerant from here on... if any bad service I will immediately band that product. For example, I was a regular to heritage super market. but once I bought two milk packets and when i opened them they were so badly curdled that It was unbelievable some body could sell your spoiled stuff like that... it was beyond even complaining.... I promised myself never to enter into another heritage mart ever again. they lose the business from me which could be no less than 40k per year.

kgovis

I agree with you completely. While we are intolerant of petty issues, we seem to be pushovers as consumers. The higher our intolerance level is as a consumer, the more alert will the service providers become over time.

i would like to share my experience with tata sky.i had decided to change my set top box rather i want to have the HD set top box.first i sent a message to 56633.no action taken.next i made a call to the helpline no and requested to change my st box.i got a work order reference no i.e. 1-23283912768.after sometime i got a call from the local tata sky people and iwas told that my set top box will be changed next day against a payment of rs. 900/.i was told that they will come between 11am to 12 pm.today i got acall in the morning and i was told that i will get my box free of cost.the whole day i was waiting for them to come.no one came and never bothered to receive my phone.my whole day is gone just for believing these uncultured people.

jayanta said:
i would like to share my experience with tata sky.i had decided to change my set top box rather i want to have the HD set top box.first i sent a message to 56633.no action taken.next i made a call to the helpline no and requested to change my st box.i got a work order reference no i.e. 1-23283912768.after sometime i got a call from the local tata sky people and iwas told that my set top box will be changed next day against a payment of rs. 900/.i was told that they will come between 11am to 12 pm.today i got acall in the morning and i was told that i will get my box free of cost.the whole day i was waiting for them to come.no one came and never bothered to receive my phone.my whole day is gone just for believing these uncultured people.
You can try other sources of contacting Tata Sky to ensure your work gets done. You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly or you can contact Tata Sky customer service. They are quiet prompt in their reply and will help you out. It is more effective way of getting your work done. You can write to them at help@tatasky.com or call their Toll Free Number at 1-800-1806633. The best part is it is available 24X7. I am sure they will look into your matter and expedite installation. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter and resolve your issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors