NON REFUND AGAINST CANCELLED TRAIN

In case of Cancelled train, Do You Think That Indian Rail/IRCTC should Refund Money

• Total voters
Hello Dear

This is Manish Chandra,

I live in Delhi and my permanent residence in remote village.
In Dec 14, I had to travel for home for long leave. I made ticket through IRCTC. But Train was cancelled. So, I had to manage travel in last moment with situation with lot of trouble, tension and harassment. Train was cancelled, its not customer fault in anyway. So, As a customer I can't think of filing TDR and within 2 days(Just impossible due to home at remote village).

Later, I contacted IRCTC customer care. They replied "Cancellation request/TDR must be filed before the departure of train from passenger's boarding station if its late by 3 hours or more. And so in case of Cancelled Train Case".

It is like I started a online business. And I made an offer to customer for advance booking. Suddenly one day I announce, I am cancelling my offer. Please request for return money with 10% deduction within 2 days time limit. This could be a great business and Indian Government will support me, as in above case.

You know, This is not good. And On [undefined=undefined]suo moto[/undefined] basis, this should be handled by Indian Railway, IRCTC and Indian Government.

Till date I am waiting for complete refund.

After new govt with majority, price has increase very sharp, but more problem is, we are getting more tension and no one is here to listen. :(

Please, guide me a proper solution for this. Also suggest me that can I move to consumer forum judiciary for this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors