No Refund of PNR 4506800267

My mail to GGM(IT) is not addressed. Here is the copy of the mail :

---------------

Sub: Refund request for partially waitlisted ticket PNR Number : 4506800267

Dear Sir,

With due respect it is stated that I booked e-ticket via my irctc login ( id : hizibiz ) bearing pnr number mentioned in subject line on 10th March 2014 for a journey from Bangalore to Howrah on 9th May in 12246/Duronto Express in 3AC class. The ticket was in waitlisted state for all four passengers.

On 9th May, during chart preparation, two passengers got RAC. Since the travel was booked for the whole family of four, I tried to cancel the ticket online at that point. But your system refused it saying chart has been prepared.

I went to the station and requested the TTE, Mr. Halder to issue me a non travel note for the RAC passengers. He refused to do that. He said he would furnish the non travel in his final report which he would submit at Howrah station. He advised me to consult my booking agent for the refund, which was not true for me since I did the booking myself .

I filed a TDR after reaching to Kolkata using my sleeper class confirmed ticket (bearing PNR No. 4814421447) on the same train. It was regreted showing the reason that it was filed after prescribed time. This prescribed time is not mentioned in the SMS, e-ticket etc. . Secondly it is not possible for a person to file an online TDR while he is travelling on a train without Internet connectivity.

I would therefore request you to consider the above situation and refund booking money of my unused partially RAC/waitlist ticket bearing PNR No. 4506800267 .

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely
-debansu saha
--------------------------------

Is Indial Railway no longer interested to refund money for waitlisted / partially waitlisted tickets ?
Whom can we reach now ?

tks & regs
-debansu saha

expert

Administrator
Staff member
This will apply in your case:

The online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two hours of actual arrival of the train at passenger's destination and the original certificate issued by the ticket checking staff is to be sent through post to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The fare shall be refunded by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to the customer.s account after due verification.

Expert said:
This will apply in your case:

The online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two hours of actual arrival of the train at passenger's destination and the original certificate issued by the ticket checking staff is to be sent through post to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The fare shall be refunded by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to the customer.s account after due verification.
Thanks for your reply .
I filed TDR withing 24 hours of train reaching my destination. I have also sent a paper mail to GGM(IT) . However, as I mentioned, the TT did not issue me any non travel certificate, he mentioned that he would furnish that fact in his report which he would submit in Howrah. Surprisingly my online TDR claim received a regret saying it should be filed within 3 hours of train leaving the departure station. How can I do that - we were travelling on the same train in confirmed sleeper class ticket since our AC 3 tier ticket did not get confirmed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors