My terrific experience with Naaptol

Hi ICCF,
I would like to share my worst experience purchasing online.

I ordered for a Xolo Q800 (White colored) for my brother on 12. Nov, 2013 (Order ID: 7586697) from Naaptol. Since Naaptol, offered me a price tag some 1000 Rs cheaper compared to other firms and cheaper by some 1500 Rs compared to Physical stores, I was lured to the cheaper price tag (of course a customer's mindset). Naaptol adding a 49 Rs as shipping charge to my purchase order. After confirming, that the delivery is available for my pincode (601203 - some 5 kms from chennai outskirts) ( The product page mentioned that the delivery takes 6 to 12 days for delivery), I completed the transaction via debit card (unfortunately CoD option was not offered). Received message from SBI confirming my transaction. Got a prompt mail informing my order status

The problem started on 20,Nov. It took Naaptol 8 days just to inform me that White colored edition of the phone was Out-of-Stock and asked if its ok for me to have a black colored edition. Accepted, but without satisfaction. It was 25. Nov and still the delivery had not been made. Concerned about my shipment, called them and the executive informed me that I would be receiving my shipment in a couple of days.

Again on 27.Nov, called up their customer care again. Getting a similar response, I was forced to indulge in quarreling conversations (Ticket no: 805386906), finally after usage of some foul words (unfortunately, I was forced to) I came to know that the Naaptol indeed were having a Shipment tracking number of the logistics firm (Tracking number: 8035743892). On checking with logistics firm, to my surprise the product had already been shipped to the Logistic firm's chennai warehouse on the very 19. Nov. Since my address carries the word "Village" to it, the Logistics firm simply returned the shipment back to Delhi. Unfortunately, the logistics firm didn't even bother to contact me via my mobile number which I provided (first instance, I realized Naaptol has cheated me to the core). After a huge fight back with customer care executive and their team lead about their failed practices, I was informed that it may take some 20 days again to get my phone delivered. I requested for a order cancellation, which was accepted immediately. I was informed that my money will be deposited back into my account with-in 10 days.

Since, no money was credited to my account past 10 days, I called them back to know that "SIR, your money XXXX had already been deposited into your account" response. Looking back into my bank account, there was no refunds made. Hence, I had call them back. This time, the executive was saying that the order is on its way to my address. Again had to quarrel with them, to cancel my order and confirm my cancellation (received an cancellation message via sms). Still, waiting for my money to get refunded. Some nightmare experience actually.

My only suggestions to the netizens before purchasing something online is try always to stick to Cash on Delivery option and never never use Naaptol in your lifetime.

Now, I want to pursue some legal action against Naaptol for cheating the customer, for providing fraudulent information to customer.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors