Lack of service to senior citizen

Dear Sir /Madam ,

I am aghast at the poor ,rather lack of customer service deployed by Tatasky team - Call centre and Technical resources. I am not sure what is the motto of your company is it to fool unsuspecting people and then dupe them with you callous attitude am not quite sure. In utmost frustration I am recounting one of my recent experiences ( mind you this is not the first time ) and I am seeking your intervention to resolve this matter at the earliest of assist me in getting a full refund of what I paid to upgrade to the two HD setup boxes.

Current unresolved issue :

On the 19th of Dec 2013 in the evening a complaint was registered with Tatasky call centre on the fact that both setup boxes were not working .Complaint No: BHYF0MN . I received a confirmation the next day that your technician would visit my premises at 15:00hrs . Being a working day as her daughter I organised my day so that I could be at home to assist my mom when the technician arrived.

At 12:45pm we received a call from the technician Mr Ranjan stating he was in the vicinity and he could come in 10 mins , having had the experience in the past where if we don't adjust to their times these technicians don't come back and leave us unattended for a long time we said come .On arrival very politely I told the technician that we had to go out so would appreciate if could work efficiently. My mistake cause the guy choose to stare and saunter around the house like he was on a stroll rather than move efficiently .After a 45mins patient wait while he stared and walked around and prodded some wires he said there were two problems - the tatasky distribution box ( a contraption that sits at the junction) and the next there was a wiring problem . I asked him where he said the whole house . I then asked him when he would come back he said on his own - at 5 pm that same evening. When I told him that I would get the electrician and asked him to confirm that he would definitely come back at 5 pm he then divulged that he would only come if he got the part, and if he did not get the part then he would come on Saturday the 21st at 11:00am and complete the task. We exchanged nos and I requested him to please call me either way so that I did not have to rush back home to be there if he was not coming back at pm. Well here is a serious case of bad customer service he not only made us adjust to his time but lacked giving us clarity on when he would return misleading us to believe he would return at 5pm , it took further questioning to learn his return was part availability driven ( information not freely shared) and while he agreed to keep us informed he did not bother to call us back.

While I thought the tatasky technician would have been taught customer responsibility and communication skill, unfortunately until 17:45hrs no call no technician arrived. When I called Mr. Ranjan on the nos he shared he very rudely informed me that he did not have the part and he would not be able to confirm when he would get it. He then insisted that I first change the wiring of my house.I had already called my electrician to review and carry out the work at 5pm but when my electrician checked he said there was absolutely no problem with my wiring and it was perfectly fine . Now with no real problem at my end , I called Tatasky and again spoke to the agent , I shared with her my experience and the lack of service to which after a 5 min explanation she turns around and says so your problem is solved right , I am amazed at the lack of customer service and at this point I asked her if she was awake and listening to what I had said she put the phone down. I recalled and asked for the floor supervisor, I was connected to Mr Ali ( he I had spoken to last time also when the messed up in sept). I recounted explained the problem to which he gave me an assurance that he would send a senior technician to my place on 21st of Dec 2013 to resolve the matter at 11:00am. Taking his word I waited only no technician came but I got a message saying my complaint noBHYF0MN is cancelled. I was shocked I called Tatasky and asked for Mr.Ali but he was not on shift so got another floor manager Mr Suresh now he checked and told me that the complaint is canceled as personal reasons of the customer. I really have no words to share on what do I say this is unethical you don't provide a service you cancel complaints at your whims and fancy how in God's name is your customer expected to get any service .

Mr Suresh like a broken record apologised , but apology is not what I need I need the service which you guys have failed me on. A new complaint nos was raised BIKKE3P. He then assures to send me a technician that same day in the evening. Well my mother all alone at home opened the door to yet another tatasky technician who was incompetent and lacked communication skills- this guy asked where is the dish fixed my mother told him on the terrace , do you want to go his response no not required the issue now is at the junction box same contraption . My mother turned to show him what the previous technician broke on his last visit , this guy with no notice walked away. No information on what next what should we do when will the problem get resolved how should we resolve nothing. Seriously is this who Tatasky employ ? Is this your standard of service ?

This morning I called again only to be told that the complaint is cancelled, really what in God's name do you expect us to do ?customer Personal reason is the reason to cancel the complaint then why in God's name would I call up ? Your technician does not have a part to keep their service which you have outsourced to these irresponsible people they have lied and closed the case not once but twice and you people without any sense of checking have allowed your customer to suffer.

My elderly mother's only source of entertainment is the TV , while you people only believe in giving false promises and no services , I am left with very little option to close this. I am writing to you with the hope that this is taken up seriously and resolved today otherwise I will take that Tatasky prefers to not have my business and is happy to refund the payment for the setup boxes.

Please note the last time as well I was harassed and was made to pay extra , so right now I am at my the end of being patient with your organisations incompetence , as senior management I am expecting a quick response and resolution to the issue.

Ms Aarti Gupta

You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter, provide refund and resolve your issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors