Lack of clear information on IRCTC website

I booked a tatkal ticket using the IRCTC website this morning for tomorrow, 2nd October, 2013. And this evening when I realized that I wanted to travel on the 3rd of October instead, I went ahead and logged onto the IRCTC website to know the procedure and the cancellation charges. I found the 'cancellation procedure' link on the left hand side and went ahead to read that. I read the entire page and got this pertaining to my situation - "If a confirmed ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and upto 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause."
I decided to cancel my ticket after reading this and went ahead and cancelled it. When I was taken to the cancellation summary page, I was shocked to see that there was no refund!! And it was mentioned that upon cancellation of Tatkal tickets there is no refund given!

My complaint is the lack of the same information on the 'cancellation procedure' section. They should have a clause mentioning that Tatkal cancellation charges are different! Why should I even cancel my ticket if I were to be refunded nothing(Other than being morally good)?! I feel cheated! I read the page before going ahead with the cancellation! Even during the cancellation procedure there is no step which shows how much amount will be deducted before confirming the cancellation!

Now I want to make sure that more people are not mislead this way! :mad:

Thank you for your reply! I'm sure I'm not going to cancel a tatkal ticket again! :)

But how do I make sure that the information is mentioned clearly at the right places on the irctc website, once you log in to your user account? I looked for information, read up and then went ahead and cancelled! This shouldn't happen to others too

Not reacting to the wrong is also a crime!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors