ICICI Bank Debit Card Fraud of Rs. 30,000/-

My name is Akash Shukla and my ICICI A/c # 114601503473 in Gurgaon Sector 10 Branch and my Debit card # 4181-5811-4600-0353. This is regarding my complaint number SR 262627349, SR262557260, and SR 262555202 dated 22/03/2013 and 21/03/2013. As you know that there was an unauthorized shopping transaction of Rs. 30,064.27 (Thirty thousand sixty four and twenty seven paise) from my a/c by Debit Card swipe. It was impossible because the card was with me all the time & I still have the card with me. I immediately called the customer care to stop the transaction & block my card, but all I could hear was “we have high volume of calls, please try again later”. I finally got through after 3 hours of trying (which was kind of irritating) & then I explained this to our customer care who transferred me to another department, then another dept. Finally the last person I spoke to had no clue whatsoever about the standard procedure & all he could do for me was block my card. To say the least this was an unacceptable & pathetic customer care service I’ve been getting since I called them the first time. The next day I went to my bank (Gurgaon Sec- 10) & spoke to the manager who assured me that I would receive a call about the details of the merchant by Monday but no one called as I had expected. I have filed the complaint in Sushant Lok 1 police station complaint # 6867 dated 03/04/2013.

Since then I have called several times to icici customer care but all I get to hear is that the fraud department are investigating it and it is going to take a while, but now its been more than 3 months, but I got no calls from the Bank.

This is my hard-earned money and I’m not going to let go of it easily as Rs. 30,000 is a big amount for me and I’m not going to suffer if there was a security lapse or loophole from your end.

This is the Transaction Alert I got:

You have used your Debit Card linked to Account XXXXXXXX3473 for a transaction of INR 30,064.27 Info.VIN*MISTER AUTO on 21-03-2013 15:54:30. The available balance in your Account is Rs. 19,594.90.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS: akash210@gmail.com

expert

Administrator
Staff member
RE: ICICI Bank Fraud of Rs. 30,000/-

I suggest you first find out to where money has gone and which shop/merchant would have received it. Then file F.I.R. with Police.

Such transactions are not reversible and in 100% of case has been done via your card. Bank will have no role in it. Moreover ICICI's role is limited to sending you SMS/Alert, everything is done by Master/Visa.

Dear Akash,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will get back to you soon.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

RE: ICICI Bank Fraud of Rs. 30,000/-

It seems you didnt read whole complaint properly, like I said I called the ICICI customer immediately to stop the transaction (it was my ATM/Debit card), but I cudnt get thru maybe bcoz of their high call volume, so had they taken my call, the transaction cud've been stopped. I'm liable to blame ICICI as they are my service provider & not master/visa.

The transaction had been done in an Autoshop in France & the FIR has already been filed.[hr]
ICICIBankCare said:
Dear Akash,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have made a note of your contact details. Our official will get back to you soon.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team
Have heard this several times and as I can see its a Copy-Paste reply you keep posting in all the consumer forums that I had been posting in, but noone has ever got back, so I wud urge you to stop giving hope to the complainers if you cant or dont fulfill it.

Dear Akash,

Has this problem been resolved yet.

As a customer of ICICI Bank I also underwent a similar 'fraudulent transaction' couple of days back and Rs 100000 were withdrawn from my account (through ATM) by creation of a fake debit card.

Has the money been refunded back to you? Kindly share your experience to enable me to take a appropriate action in this matter.

Regards
Rabjot
rabjot_singh@yahoo.co.in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors