HP Customer Support CRM:0033916000862

Dear Respected Sir/Madam,

In regards to the mentioned case I'd, let me inform you that the hp vendor engineer had picked up the hp officejet pro 3610 printer on 23rd Mar'18 and in spite of regular follow-up I haven't received my printer back yet.

I was told that within a week or at the most after 10 days i will get my printer back. I was told that there was delay in getting the cartridge report from your Lamington road service centre. Does it take 17 days to get the original hp cartridge checked & provide the report, post getting the report a call was logged on 9th April'18. HP engineer had visited vendor to check the printer & since then no one is ready to commit when will my printer be repaired & given back.
This shows the commitment and how much customer centric HP is. I am in regular followup with HP authorised engineer & his Seniors, have even marked several mails to them but there is no confirmation on when the printer will be repaired & given back.I have even asked them the turn around time in warranty to get the printer repaired. It is now a month + and I am waiting for my repaired printer.

If they are unable to repair the printer they should get it replaced immediately as per terms & conditions.

Please help me in getting my printer back as early as possible.

Thanks & Regards
Hitesh Kulkarni

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors