Few questions and concerns related to IRCTC website.

I used to book tickets through IRCTC and I face lot of problems during booking ticket.

Q.1: I never get tatkal ticket. During that time either site will be freezes and not allow to login and book ticket. What is the reason behind that. I know this may be due to large amount of traffic but it is there from long time and something should be done for this. Whether IRCTC have taken any action item on this?

Q.2: Why IRCTC is displaying ads in there site such ad google adsense etc? These advertises are making site more slow. Its a government site they should not use this site to earn money. I guess enough funding is provided by govt to run this site.

Q.3: Why IRCTC is selling Shoes, cloths, ladies bags, furniture, mobiles and tablets in there website? This site should be only used for ticket booking and related stuff.

Can someone answer these question. Also provide feedback and comments.

Attachments

expert

Administrator
Staff member

• Since 3-4 months IRCTC server capacity has improved and after some difficulty we can book tickets. I've booked 3 times. As of now there is IRCTC Lite site is functional in which Ads and unnecessary images etc will not be displayed between 10-12 am. Now even better.

• Those ads add to Railways earnings.

• IRCTC Shopping site is hosted on different servers than the booking ones. They cause no load on the main site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors