Cheating by not including new Mega HD annual package

Hi,
I am a 5 year old customer of Tata Sky having Mega HD annual package. At the time of taking this package and even at the time of renewal in July 2013, I was told that all future HD and SD channels will be added free of cost. This has been told by their executives in all telecalls. Now, Star Premiere HD is launched but not included in Mega HD. They claim this is 'Special' Package and I need to pay another 500 per year to get this. Their Nodal Officer says that this has been informed to me in February while there is no correspondence on record.
I had take renewal this year only after assurance from their Executive. Tata Sky is only offering 12 HD channels out of about 35 HD channels available in India. Even after taking Mega HD annual package (Rs 5500 - among the most expensive packages across all DTH operators) providing among the least HD channels, they are still trying such tricks to cheat customers. If they can put Star Premiere HD in 'Special' category, they may decide to put Star World HD also in 'Special' category tomorrow. What stops them from cheating further?
Even Star TV itself has labelled Star Premier HD as a 'General Entertainment Channel', but Tata Sky thinks otherwise.
It is deplorable to see Tata Sky do this. New and existing users may be advised of this cheating by Tata Sky. The Nodal Officer has also written that future additions will be charged. All customers like me who are hoping to get more channels in the Mega HD annual package, BEWARE!

Found videocond2h too are charging the same price as tata sky i.e Rs. 60pm to their subscribers. I am sure other providers on adding this channel too will charge the same amount. This must be cost incurred at the channels end and not by DTH providers. Considering the fact that we will get exclusive content which will be shown parallel to their US telecast, I think it should be worth subscribing for this channel. http://postimg.org/image/k7bc1opl5/

Just because others are charging doesn't justify Tata Sky can go back on its commitment to consumers...

They are definitely cheating consumers.

They have misled consumers into buying annual mega pack with the assurance that "all" new HD channels will be provided with this pack - only to justify by launching what they call is a "premium HD" channel which as per their understanding in not covered under "all" HD channels...whatever that means...

If at all, they should have done it prospectively and not retrospectively - at least they would not have earned such a reputation - and "at best" they would have lost out on one year earnings from existing Mega HD pack consumers! Who was working on the strategy...think it's done more harm than good!

Didn't expect this from a TATA group company...! Sad...

Gateway said:
Just because others are charging doesn't justify Tata Sky can go back on its commitment to consumers...

They are definitely cheating consumers.

They have misled consumers into buying annual mega pack with the assurance that "all" new HD channels will be provided with this pack - only to justify by launching what they call is a "premium HD" channel which as per their understanding in not covered under "all" HD channels...whatever that means...

If at all, they should have done it prospectively and not retrospectively - at least they would not have earned such a reputation - and "at best" they would have lost out on one year earnings from existing Mega HD pack consumers! Who was working on the strategy...think it's done more harm than good!

Didn't expect this from a TATA group company...! Sad...
Please call (022) 66133000 try and talk in an authoritative voice and ask for Mr. Harit Nagpal MD & CEO at Tata Sky Ltd his secretary will pick up and voice your concerns to her it will go directly to the top management.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors