Bravia KDL40EX520 - Non reliable LED TV

I bought a Sony Bravia KDL40 EX520 TV on Nov 2011, 26 month back relying on the brand and the quality. But now i am getting a vertical line at the middle of the TV which Breaks the picture. I registered a complaint (No 17050062) at Sony service centre and Technician visited after a week. He said that the Panel needs to be replaced which would cost 22K INR as the one year warranty is complete. I never heard or experienced any product that will have failure on the core part of the product within 3Years and will charge back the customer to the level of 30% of the product cost for a issue like this. I dont know, Sony quality policy may agree if a car Engine catches a fire on 37th Month after the warranty is over and charge 30% of the car cost.
But being a Middle class family i can afford to spend max of 5 to 10% for maintaining such a branded product that too after 3 Years. But this is riduculous, has Sony changed the business model and started forcing customers to pay additional cost so as to earn money??.
Now i even do not have confidence to replace the panel and afraid how long it can survive as there is no extended warranty as well.

I am ready to pay 22K if Sony agrees to replace the TV itself and with necessary warranty. But Paying 22K for just replacing the panel and without warranty for more than a year is not acceptable, see Sony is confident on their product.

Not sure if Sony will take care of its customer as they may not have repeated business, i will not encourage anyone to buy sony product if this issue is not solved without money.

By
Victim of SONY BRAVIA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors