Beware - Anyone can change your airtel DTH package !!!

I had a terrible experience recently with airtel DTH .. here are the list of events that happened in Chronological order

1. One fine morning I woke up to see that I couldn't see any of the channels that I am usually able to watch (it said error code 4 , you are not subscribed to this channel). I knew for sure that I didnt change my package - I had already subscribed for a long duration pack and had paid in advance.
2. I called up Airtel customer care (apparently a tolled number 08044448080 that I got from the error message) and the representative said a "dealer" had made a change in my package "In the backend" ... I found this very surprising !!! how could someone make a change in my package without any approval from the account owner?
3. I had to be on calls over calls with airtel (needless to say on my personal call charges because it was not a tollfree number) to resolve this issue that evening.
4. I had also asked them for a Waiver for that day since no service was provided
5. They agreed to process that waiver by the next day
6. They also reverted back to my original package that night.
7. The next day someone called from Airtel delhi again and spoke in Hindi knowing well that the customer is in chennai :) ...
8. He told me that he would process my waiver and hung up.
9. To my horror, the same day I noticed that again my channels were gone !
10. Called up airtel again to the tolled number .
11. They said my package had been changed again and that I had requested the package change. I told them I never did that.
12. They again switched back the package to my earlier one after being on call with them for an hour.
13. Finally I asked them to pay up for the call charges that I had to incur as well since it wasnt my mistake that the package got changed (and there was no tollfree number listed in the error message on the screen).
14. They said there is no provision for that. Now that is ridiculous (where in the world does the customer pay for the service provider's issues!!!)

I finally realized that someone (the guy who spoke in Hindi I suppose) had wantedly modified my plan to a lower plan , then issued my waiver so that the waiver would be less :)

If this is how airtel wants to do business, then i am sure nature will take care of bringing it down soon ...

It is now getting difficult to get your channel distributed on air. Rishtey, new channel of Colors has paid an unbelievable amount of 6 crores plus to DD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors