Air Tel - Mobile Phone Number i have owned for 12 years blocked

I have had a post paid connection from Air Tel since 2002 (Mobile no 98400 39003). I changed it to a prepaid in 2007. I have been living in the UK for the last 8 years and my family have been keeping this number active in Chennai by making a few calls and texts every month. Last week I found that my connection was disconnected.

I wrote to the Chennai Nodal Office on email and they told me that it had been blocked because I was making 'telemarketing calls'. The last call made from my phone was on 30th jan - This was to book a gas with Indane. Air Tel disconnected my phone on 13th March - without any prior warning.

1. Air Tel did not intimate me by email or text or call that my number would be disconnected

2. Air Tel claims that I have made telemarketing calls - which I deny. They have no evidence to back up their claim that my number is being used for telemarketing. I have exchanged emails with them since last week asking for proof - the time, dates and numbers to which these telemarketing calls were made. But they have not been able to provide proof.

3. I have asked for a direct number of someone I can talk to in air tel. No answer so far All I get is the same email saying that my number has been blocked under NDNC barring. I have all my bank and utility bills linked to this mobile number. I have exchanged over 20 emails with Air Tel in the last 6-7 days and I am getting the same ridiculous reply from air tel. They are not being helpful. Really don't understand how my number which I have had for 12 years can be blocked as air tel have no evidence to back their claim This is not my first bad experience with Air Tel. End of last year I sound that my number was suddenly in someone else's name. Though I had been the owner since 2002. Had to go through all the paper work again. Get my old Sim disconnected. And get the same number back in a new SIM as a new account

Hello,

I am going through the Consumer complaints on my case and saw your post. My number also deactivated recently. i would like to know if your case has been resolved if yes please advice the process.

Thanks,

rasi76 said:
I have had a post paid connection from Air Tel since 2002 (Mobile no 98400 39003). I changed it to a prepaid in 2007. I have been living in the UK for the last 8 years and my family have been keeping this number active in Chennai by making a few calls and texts every month. Last week I found that my connection was disconnected.

I wrote to the Chennai Nodal Office on email and they told me that it had been blocked because I was making 'telemarketing calls'. The last call made from my phone was on 30th jan - This was to book a gas with Indane. Air Tel disconnected my phone on 13th March - without any prior warning.

1. Air Tel did not intimate me by email or text or call that my number would be disconnected

2. Air Tel claims that I have made telemarketing calls - which I deny. They have no evidence to back up their claim that my number is being used for telemarketing. I have exchanged emails with them since last week asking for proof - the time, dates and numbers to which these telemarketing calls were made. But they have not been able to provide proof.

3. I have asked for a direct number of someone I can talk to in air tel. No answer so far All I get is the same email saying that my number has been blocked under NDNC barring. I have all my bank and utility bills linked to this mobile number. I have exchanged over 20 emails with Air Tel in the last 6-7 days and I am getting the same ridiculous reply from air tel. They are not being helpful. Really don't understand how my number which I have had for 12 years can be blocked as air tel have no evidence to back their claim This is not my first bad experience with Air Tel. End of last year I sound that my number was suddenly in someone else's name. Though I had been the owner since 2002. Had to go through all the paper work again. Get my old Sim disconnected. And get the same number back in a new SIM as a new account

venkatam said:
Hello,

I am going through the Consumer complaints on my case and saw your post. My number also deactivated recently. i would like to know if your case has been resolved if yes please advice the process.

Thanks,

rasi76 said:

[hr]
Yes the problem was solved. I had to stalk Air Tel on social media for 3 months. A senior member of their team got in touch with me and solved it. Took 3-4 weeks to get solved after the person got in touch with me. Did not get any good reason as to why it was disconnected. And they had to activate my number as a new connection. Hope this helps

rasi76 said:
venkatam said:
Hello,

Thanks,

rasi76 said:

Thank you, it look you responded but i am sorry i couldn't able to see your response. you can send it to VNABAP@gmail.com or you can post your response again.

Yes the problem was solved. I had to stalk Air Tel on social media for 3 months. A senior member of their team got in touch with me and solved it. Took 3-4 weeks to get solved after the person got in touch with me. Did not get any good reason as to why it was disconnected. And they had to activate my number as a new connection. Hope this helps

i am glad you got your number back. in my case they are claiming that i didn't used the number more than 90 days(i have been using this number since 2003/2004) and based on the TRAI they recycled the number that means it alloyed to different person (i tried to contact that person but he dint lift so the pone). I am in US now for project work and i contacted Nodal offices since December 10th and enchaining more than 20 mails and they mentioned that to resubmit the documents which i did to reactivate and they did activated but assigned to different persons :(.

i appreciate that if you have any contacts might have contacted to resolve.

i contacted so for to the below mail ids. ( igot responses from nodalofficer.andhra@in.airtel.com)
appellate.andhra@in.airtel.com
appellate.southabts@airtel.in
nodalofficer.andhra@in.airtel.com
nodal.southabts@airtel.in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors