Wrong Invoicing (Actual fare 54000 but 91000 deducted from the account) by makemytrip

Respected Sir/Madam,

I made a ticket for Busan to Kolkata, 6:00 pm South Korea local time on 6th December, 2013 for next day flight at 12:30 pm (SK local time), 7th Dec, 2103 in makemytrip.com. I clicked on Rs 54000 and the invoice made of Rs 91000. I contacted customer care but there was no response. Then in my registered account, it says minimum 48 hrs will be required to know about the penalty status. It says that the ticket is not cancellable. I contacted 4 times customer care but no response. My question is when I am clicking on Rs 54000 ticket I should be allowed to buy ticket on that price else the transaction should not take place but it happened without my notice and only in the invoice I saw Rs 91000 had been deducted. I know this is not my fault but rather completely the mistake or error of makemytrip. For that I have been asked to bear the cost which is intolerable. The customer care sent me the logger details which has the second by second recording of my activities for buying the ticket. And whatever limited knowledge I have, I understand from the logger details that when I clicked for buying the ticket it was Rs 54000 and after the click the price got changed and I was not made aware. So it is not my fault but it is the complete mistake of makemytrip and as a customer I should not bear the consequences of makemytrip error/price fluctuation. I have talked to the customer care executives so many times, they said that they are looking at the issue and my matter is getting resolved but so far I have not received any solutions from the site.Recently, the customer care says that after my click the price fluctuated that resulted in buying of Rs 91000 ticket. Sir, I clicked on Rs 54000 ticket only and if that fluctuation happens then I should be made aware of it. I was not mentioned and only through invoice I understood Rs 91000 had been deducted from my account.

I attached the actual price of the ticket along with the invoice which shows Rs 91000 had been deducted.

My only resort is Indian consumer forum. Kindly show a way such that I can get justice.

Regards,

Ranadip Madhu
B.Tech & M.Tech, IIT Madras
MBA, IIM Kozhikode,
E: ranadip.iitm@gmail.com
T: +919794944143

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors