Charged by MIcrosoft-Nokiafor known Manufacturing Defect

My Nokia Lumia 525 ran into a flight mode issue and I was unable t use the phone as phone network could not connect when you switch to flight mode. When I searched for the issue in the internet I got to know that this was a known issue with 520 and 525 as several consumers have written about this. I tried speaking to Microsoft but in vain. Finally I emailed to them on the issue and got a response that I need to take it to a authorized service centre in Chennai. The service centre (Vee Tee Communications) said that the issue can be resoled through a software update which is not available to consumers and only available with them and would be charging Rs 1,200/- for that. When I asked them as why they would charge as it is a know issue the service person did acknowledge but since my phone was more than a year old and not covered by warranty the S/w update would be charged, When I wrote to Microsoft a couple of people called me but could not guide me. Finally I landed up paying the amount. I guess Microsoft does not care for Nokia anymore and probably close the Nokia products. I learnt my lesson and in future would never go for Nokia Product

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors