How To Cancel Passport & Apply For New..!

So the story goes as follows:

I use to got my first passport on 2009, and last year october 2013, its expiried.. now normally people renew the passport or apply for re-issue, but for a reason i don't want to do that rather i have to apply for a complete fresh passport, now even though previews passport is already expired, but still i think i can't apply for new passport without completly canceling the old one?

So can someone explain me the above process, of completly canceling an expired passport and then apply for a new one..

Thanks.

Please note by above that my pasport was made minor for 5 years.. that's why it expried quicker then others..

I'm never saying i need two passports, currect one is no use expired the reason i don't want to re-issue and get new one is as follows:

2009 - I use to do work in Kanpur, UP where i use to got first passport because i was 17, i got an minor passport for five years
2013 - I shifted in Mumbai, and after that i never used kanpur passport because it was not having any value in mumbai unless its address is same as mumabi one.. i never apply for address change in mumbai reason? below
2013 - Passport expired
2014 - Now i need passport again but i need new thing WHY? let me explain i don't know properly if this is true or not but you can correct me if i'm right or wrong, when i gone with my old expired passport for getting re-issue with changed address in mumbai, i use to got know that i can get new passport but this time cop verification will happen in two places, one is currently where i'm living in mumbai, which is fine they can come, and second, in kanpur where i use to live when i applyed old passport, now i don't know that cop verification happen in kanpur as well.. if i live in mumbai why they are including kanpur in that? that's why i wanted to get a new passport in which verification only happen in my area not in old area.. second thing i unable to get re-issue is because they said i must have ateast one year old ID's proofs of mumbai of currect address i'm living for getting an re-issuce, currently i have 7 months old...

Now firstly you think this is true this will happen in both cities, second do you have any solution for this? that only in my city mumbai i can get verification and no verification happen in kanpur?

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You need only renewal of your Passport. Give correct details of all your erstwhile addresses otherwise it'll illegal and your passport could be forfeited.

I think no police verification is required for Passport renewal: http://www.passport.gov.in/shimla/reissue.htm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors