Wrong model shipped by amazon transportation services. Liability for wrong shipment

Your experience with Amazon Shipping

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK

• Horrible

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rajc

Dear Sir / Madam,

I ordered for a Dell Venue7 3G model. Amazon shipped a wifi only model Dell Venue 7. Interestingly Amazon package box and invoice says it is a 3G model X0008MSFOV. But the amazon box had a dell box with wifi only model 3730 inside in it.

I am in trouble now. Even if I ship it back now for refund, the prices have gone up by Rs. 800. I am not sure in this case, who is responsible for this and how can I get the same model that I ordered at the same price.

The shipper is Amazon Transportation services. Here is my theory. They have picked up the Dell box with incorrect model ( wifi only ) in the wear house, packed it on a Amazon box, with model specified as wifi + 3g and shipped it to me.

Chatted with Cust service rep. He says to return the box and refund the amount. I asked about the higher current price if I reorder again and who is going to take care of difference in price. He said he cannot help and understand the inconvenience and he is sorry. Poor guy, what else he can do.

Bottom Line: Amazon won't take the liability for any errors in packaging even if shipping carrier is their own Amazon Transportation Services.

Scared to place any orders with Amazon in future, if price is the only factor to buy. We may loose the price advantage because of any error in their system.

Thanks
Rajkumaran C

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors