Wrong billing and unclear tariff; Rs 50,710/ instead of Rs. 4,410/

Complaint against Vodafone Karnataka, on wrong bill without Tariff details with exorbitantly high bill amount. No response from customer care on the bill calculation and Tariff despite multiple queries. Outgoing calls barred without issuing bills, despite having security deposit above outstanding bill.

Details:
I have a Vodafone postpaid connection with number 94481 25940.

I took a International roaming package for 10 days along with a Vodafone IR package to enable roaming in United States. I traveled to USA from 8th May 2015 to 23rd May 2015. As per the package, I am entitled for Rs 0.3 per 10KB for usage of data. This Tariff was regularly confirmed through SMS messages from Vodafone from time to time.

The bill I received on 16 May 2015 (Bill No 10546803 dated 12 June 2015) shows a total bill of Rs. 50,710/. The bill shows Rs. 40,608/ for 147 MB of data usage. As per the IR package I am entitled for a Rs. 30/ per MB for 3G data. The bill amount for data should be 4410/ and NOT 40,608/. It was very clear that the IR Pack was not considered for computation.

I lodged complaints with vodafone. The Nodal office promised of resolving the issue by 27th June. I received an SMS On 30th June, informing the Bill amount as 9092/. My request to provide details on the how the charges are recalculated was not responded to. I have not received any response from Nodal office on the questions or on the Tariff till date.

As per the usage my data usage bill should be Rs. 4410/. (147 * Rs. 30). It is wrongly computed as Rs 40,608/. The bill should be reissued with appropriate correction.

I need to know how Vodafone has calculated the Bill. Please note that there in no mention of Tariff of Data usage even on the detailed bill provided on request. I have specifically asked Vodafone for the following details. They have not provided any answer till date.

1. I requested for IR pack on 7th May to be activated from next day i.e, from 8th May IST. When was the IR pack activated? Date and Time in IST.
2. When was the message intimating activation sent from system? Date and Time in IST.
3. When was the IR pack cancelled? Date and Time in IST.
4. When was the last message intimating the IR pack Tariff sent from the Vodafone system? Date & Time in IST
5. Was there any message or intimation indicating change of Tariff plan sent from the system? If yes, when? Date & Time in IST.

My outgoing calls were cancelled when I sent above questions, despite having sufficient deposit with Vodafone (10,000/) much above my current outstanding. This caused me losses by hindering my personal and business needs. I lost peace of mind and have spent hours of my valuable time explaining and talking to Vodafone customer care.

Looking for justice,

Vipin T Velayudhan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors