UMI X2 BY UMIMOBILES PVT. LTD.

, i bought my cellphone from new entrant in INDIA called UMI mobiles. India office is UMI mobile pvt. ltd. a.k.a AndroidGuruz with their head office in New Delhi. I bought UMI X2 from there on june 17 after struggling with my order since march at 14 thousand rupees . After 15 days i noticed a blue spot problem on screen which was visible in Dim Lights so i immediately called customer care as i have 1 month replacement warranty.Customer care keep hanging me on a long and always say we will revert you back but they never did.Days passed and my replacement warranty was over.Then accidently one morning my cellphone slipped from hands from a 30cm height with a flat drop and got my touted gorilla glass 2 cracked which was not meant to happen but lcd was superfine so was the touch .I called them n tell the whole situation they say we will revert you within week our estimate cost is 6,000 but we are not sure, after week they didnt reverted and i kept calling them and they hanged me on for weeks.After a month when i called they say it will cost 10,000 rupees i said i have cracked gorilla glass not my lcd nor digitizer and the orignal cost of handset is 14,000,they say its company policy and we will charge you 10,000.I posted same on their facebook wall to alert people but they replies there is some issue and it costs 3,500.Again after calling about that post they say no it will cost 10,000 .They didn't provide me month's replacement warranty and aftersales are so poor.Its like they have dumped us phones and fooling us.

expert

Administrator
Staff member
You can challenge them in district consumer forum for the reasons you've mentioned is sufficient ground to claim warranty. I suggest you file it now. It won't cost you more than a Rs. 100 or 200. And you don't need a lawyer for this.

Expert said:
You can challenge them in district consumer forum for the reasons you've mentioned is sufficient ground to claim warranty. I suggest you file it now. It won't cost you more than a Rs. 100 or 200. And you don't need a lawyer for this.
Thanks admin, but i don't know the whole process, i am noobs in this field :( can you help a little bit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors