TataSky Service - Incompetence

In October when I was in India, I requested my Tata Sky to be activated, only the Base and not MultiTV, also there was no service, which needed to be checked.

The service rep came to the house and checked and found some fault with the dish, maybe loose connection.

I requested activation of the basic which is Irs. 220.00. (Irs. 670.00 from Mid Oct 13 to Mid Jan 14) so I paid for the months. I made it very clear to the helpdesk and the service rep, i need only one decoder active and cancel the other and that is the final charges. However, In November and December I kept receiving emails stating bill needs to be paid.

When I called now, they claim no knowledge of cancellation of second decoder and I need to pay to reactive the service, which I find is ridiculous, are they so stupid, when I have spoken to the service rep and helpdesk, and the charge for service is for one unit, who or what gave them the right to charge me for the second unit and now the funds are over. If I wanted the second unit I could have paid for it in advance.

There is no address for customer complaints, hence cannot get over the helpdesk.

You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly. I once faced an issue where I paid for the package amount but my account was de-activated. I tweeted regarding this complaint and tata sky immediately responded to my tweet. All I had to do is submit my subscriber ID. The customer service team instantly gave a callback and my account was activated. I suggest you too should provide your subscriber ID either here or tweet regarding your issue with this complaint link. I am sure they will look into your matter, withdraw charges on your second connection and resolve your issue.

Lalitp, thank you for your response. I am not in India, it was made very clear to the Helpdesk and the Service Rep that I will not be using the second de-coder and only activate the basic. The recommendation was from them to go for the Dhamaka package which is Irs.220.00 per month and for three months Irs 670.00 which is what I paid in cash.

Common sense should prevail here, it was their recommendation, and after all that how did they activate the second de-coder.

I am not in India and paid an international call to helpdesk, not to call me on the Indian SIMM but to email me and I would respond and the helpdesk person asked me to repeat my email address which he confirmed on my subscription.

The message I got back is they are trying to call me on the registered number and no response hence there is no change in status and I need to pay to get it activated. Payment is not an issue, it is a principle here. If I needed the second de-coder, I could have paid in advance. If I need the second de-coder, I can pay and finish it off, but at the risk of TATASKY taking me for a ride instead of correcting their system, why are they beating around the busy instead of checking their voice recording of the conversation and finish it.

I need the services till Jan end and thereafter during my next visit I am going to someone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors