Tatasky - I called to give them more business, they deactivated my existing connectio

Oh well!!! I have been a subscriber of tatasky for last 8 months. Its priced higher but nonetheless no issues with service until 2 days back. I bought a new TV and called Tatasky to get me a new HD box on June 8th. The sales guy immediately wanted me to register and promised that someone will visit by evening for installation. He told me that I need to pay cash to the technician, I will get first month subscription free along with HD channels blah blah (Tatasky: undercommit and overdo is customer service funda, not over-commit and not meet expecations). I had called to get a connection, so his sales pitch was not required. Anyhow, the same day I decided to order a showcase movie and I get a message that I need to recharge my account. I had around Rs100 in my account until the previous day, what happened suddenly. I see a message that my account is showing a negative balance of Rs1500. I call the call center and I am told this is the charge for the new box and its activation fee. If the installation is not done as yet, why do you expect me to pay? They told me I have time till tomorrow to pay, the installation will be done anytime today. So, nothing to worry. June 8th is over.

June 9th morning, I get SMS along with alerts on TV that my payment is due today and if I dont make the payment, my connection will go deactive by mid-night. I again call them asking for status, i spoke to a supervisor who promised that I will get a call from a technician in 1 hour. But nothing until next 4 hrs. This time I engage the call center through chat, again same story..someone will visit. I call them up again in the evening around 7pm knowing that no one is going to turn. I am given three options: 1. wait till tomorrow which means my connection gets deactive at midnight 2.pay the amount which means I pay for the new connection inspite of not getting any call for visit in the last 36 hours or 3. withdraw my request for new box in which case they would credit the amount back in my account.

I have a new TV and now they want me to change service provider. I didnt want to pay the amount and regret later. So, I decided to wait.

June 10th morning, it is around 9am now. I made a call again. I was again told that I need to wait for couple of hours. Can you do something to atleast activate my existing connection since I was told I need to pay cash on delivery, why did you charge the new box cost to my existing account. They have only one answer, it is the process and usually we install in 24 hrs. I have waited for 48 hrs now, made around 8 calls and 2 chats. Just sent an email to their nodal officer too. I regret taking Tatasky and will not recommend it to anyone. This is how they treat their existing customers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors